Your thoughts on the HP Envy 17 and a good audio solution.
Jun 9, 2010 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

kwang68

New Head-Fier
Hey, this is my first second post, and I've read roughly 50+ pages of discussion, review, and the occasional bose/beats hating on this forum, but it's hard to find a good comparison/choose a good pair even with all that reading. I've preordered the Envy 17 with "beats audio," and according to reviews of the 15-inch version, the headphone signal was extra "strong" according to cnet (and presumably good, if those words can be interchangeable, although with beats branding, you can't be sure), but with most laptop reviews stating how fantastic the audio quality was from both the speakers and the signal(grain of salt to be sure). I listen to jazz, R&B, some techno, and electronic (think imogen heap and postal service). Basically, I'm asking what is the best headphone solution around for a $300 budget? I'm looking for something with good bass, but which doesnt overpower highs and mids (or make them muddled), and if possible, bring out my electronic music the most. I'm going to college soon so something stylish is in order, not that I'd choose style over sound quality, but classy metal finishes or dark aggressive colors/designs would be super preferable. Also, I'm not looking for amps, I have a vacuum tube amp that I picked up in China, which I may or may not use.

Thanks for the (future) help!

p.s. I'm looking at some ultrasones, Audio Technica es7, Audio Technica es9, Denon d2000, Phiaton ms 400, but any other suggestions would be welcome!

I posted this originally in the headphones forum, but this seems like the better place to get answers. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back