Your Primary Way To Discover Music?
May 26, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #16 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Macwizard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One word - Pitchfork! Then I first dowload illegally flac style and then try to find the album on vinyl the next chance I get to the local record store. Bought usually used.

i must confess, my "buying process" is much like that as well, haha. i tend to never buy something i haven't heard. being a college kid, i also have ruckus available, so i use that if possible. 192 kb isn't *that* bad
lambda.gif

May 26, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #20 of 57
For those of you that use iTunes or Amazon to preview music, do you usually find that those 30 sec clips give a good representation of the music? I've tried to use the clips before. I found that they either played the climax of the song or the moment right before the climax. Which makes most the clips sounds pretty damn good. Then when I actually get the album it doesn't live up to those 30 sec clips.

May 26, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #22 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you that use iTunes or Amazon to preview music, do you usually find that those 30 sec clips give a good representation of the music? I've tried to use the clips before. I found that they either played the climax of the song or the moment right before the climax. Which makes most the clips sounds pretty damn good. Then when I actually get the album it doesn't live up to those 30 sec clips.

speaking of Amazon they have those "listamanias" and such that recommending other albums from the album/s your currently looking at. I've found a few good bands from there so I'd say that's a pretty good way.

May 26, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #25 of 57
youtube :p put the name of the band or song in the search and give it a try if you like might be worth it. sure the quality isn't very good but it gives you an idea of what to expect.

May 26, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #28 of 57
[size=medium]Internet Radio, Guys !![/size]

Nothing can match the diversity that can be found on the internet.....

Interested in checking out Dutch Techno? Try 2Raumwohnung...

Like French music, check out the little dance Alizee does on Youtube... or Madeleine Peryroux or Indochine or Coralie Clement and try "Radio Flemme's" jazz mix....

And don't forget to tune in to "Radio Paradise's" 128AAC ...

And for Joe Pass like music, there's"Dinner Jazz Excursion", just 128, but worth it....

There's an endless supply of really great stuff, Indie stuff, everything.....

I was just listening to Wagner's "Die Walkure" on "Bartok Radio Budapest" at 256mp3....

USG

May 26, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #29 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=medium]Internet Radio, Guys !![/size]

Nothing can match the diversity that can be found on the internet.....

And for Joe Pass like music, there's"Dinner Jazz Excursion", just 128, but worth it....

Thanks, I'll give that a listen.
Big fan of Joe Pass and his chord-melody guitar jazz arrangements.
smily_headphones1.gif

As for me, I get cues for new music wherever I can. Internet radio, normal radio, and internet fora. I found a few gems in the music section here on head-fi, like the World music thread and LFF's album reviews.

May 26, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #30 of 57
I forgot to add that StepMania has influenced my listening and buying habits a LOT in the past 2-3 years.

Found several speed metal and electronic bands/music from StepMania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back