Your New Year's Music Resolution(s)?
Dec 27, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #31 of 37
Everyone seems to be moving to purely FLAC/LOSSLESS.

Ive got over 3,000 cds with 99% of them at 320.

I really cannot tell the difference b/w 320 and LOSSLESS on my Grados or my budget Onkyo/Polk system, but I know i will be able to at some point in the future when i upgrade my gear.

I am dreading having to go back and rip all those albums again...

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #32 of 37
I'm going to buy an acoustic guitar. I played fairly well twenty years ago but career and personal crisis lured me away. Now I'm curious to see if I can get it back. I'm looking at the Taylor 400 series. That's about the price I'm looking to pay. I can't decide on shape/size. Any advice?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/gu...advice-463155/

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #33 of 37
1) spend more time listening to music.
2) sort through my cds and sell what I don't want.
3) buy 1 really good set of phones, eg....d7000, HD800, PS1000...etc.
4) learn to play the native american flute.

Dec 28, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #34 of 37
1. Get around to listening to the new albums I get, sometimes I end up skipping over them
2.Clean up my iPod, getting rid of all the song I don't listen to anymore
3. Get into these bands: Porcupine Tree, Radiohead, and Opeth
4. Trying to be more open about music, so I can expand my taste

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #35 of 37
NY resolution 1)
I really got into classical music in 2009 and started building a small CD library. so far have just over 100 classical albums, and for 2010 would like to get that number to around 250. Actually really enjoy searching for good reference quality recordings and performances..

NY resolution 2)
also in the last 2 months slowly getting into Jazz, and want to build a mini jazz library. atm have about 15 CD's and would like to get that up to 50 CDs..

..and with all these CDs, I will need to upgrade my HD on my computer as I am running out of space fast with ALAC. same goes for my 80Gb ipod. just hope that apple will release a 128gb ipod touch early in 2010, or will have to opt for the ipod classic...probably there won't be any 128gb touch till end of 2010 but here's to hoping....

ughhh..my wallet is gonna hurt in 2010....
frown.gif

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by LevA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NY resolution 1)
I really got into classical music in 2009 and started building a small CD library. so far have just over 100 classical albums, and for 2010 would like to get that number to around 250. Actually really enjoy searching for good reference quality recordings and performances..

NY resolution 2)
also in the last 2 months slowly getting into Jazz, and want to build a mini jazz library. atm have about 15 CD's and would like to get that up to 50 CDs..

..and with all these CDs, I will need to upgrade my HD on my computer as I am running out of space fast with ALAC. same goes for my 80Gb ipod. just hope that apple will release a 128gb ipod touch early in 2010, or will have to opt for the ipod classic...probably there won't be any 128gb touch till end of 2010 but here's to hoping....

ughhh..my wallet is gonna hurt in 2010....
frown.gif

I'm already there man.
triportsad.gif

I think i've already made my resolutions to be proud of. Quitting smoking back in 07 was probably the best thing i did for myself in a while. Now just get into grad school and maybe eventually getting that dream Stax Setup in the summer.

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #37 of 37
-Stop buying from iTunes.
-Get a record player.
-Explore into more music.
-Get a job so I can afford all of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back