Your New Year's Music Resolution(s)?
Dec 23, 2009 at 3:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
Can be anything related to music.

Mine:

1) find and listen to more live classical music performances.
2) Get into Jazz
3) find some good NYC Dubstep joints

Happy Holidays Head-Fiers.

Dec 23, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #2 of 37
Mine is to continue my journey into jazz.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #4 of 37
In 2009 I was trying to branch out to new genres of music, straying out of my comfort zone. In 2010? Taking that expansion from CDs into live music. More concerts, more different kinds of concerts. New musical experiences.

I have tickets to 7 concerts already and I'm waiting on 4 more to go on sale. A great variety of genres - klezmer, classical, soul, avant jazz, Brazilian jazz, African a capella, folk...

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #5 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine is to continue my journey into jazz.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, me too.

Mine would also have been to quit procrastinating and finally get that Beatles mono boxed set before it's gone, but I finally did a couple of weeks ago when it was back on Amazon for $199. I think I'm good with that and the last two albums individually.

I also need to go through and properly tag all of my ripped music.

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #7 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2 find some good NYC minimal joints

You referring to minimal techno? house? some other genre?

Im 34, been living in NYC for 10 years and for me, I still cant figure out why there arent a couple of well known chill spots where you can just relax and listen to some minimal electronica (im assuming electronica here).

Let me know what you find.

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #8 of 37
^minimal techno mainly, deep foot-shuffling kind of stuff would be perfect. microhouse, electronica, anything other than maximal electro type and typical party rock would be refreshing at this point!

in terms of Dubstep: Love has Dubwar events regularly, crowds there aren't always too fun.
also I've heard Coco66 in greenpoint plays dubstep but haven't been to check it out.

concerts venues with international DJs are probably the best places now for dubstep and minimal anything... was able to see Michael Mayer, Superpitcher, Justus Kohncke, Skream Benga and Caspa all this past year which was a lot of fun.

Zomby has another nyc show lined up for next year but who knows if he'll actually show up for it

Dec 23, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #9 of 37
One, to make more time to actually listen to music. The rig has been off for a good week - I have a lot of discs that need listening to.

Two, buy a record cleaning machine. Washing by hand works, but see item number one.

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #11 of 37
Find more well recorded, mastered and enjoyable music to enjoy.
smile.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #13 of 37
Spend more time listening to new music. I'd like to find more groups like Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Nokturnal Mortum, and Agalloch.

My wife died a month ago, and I've been retreating into musicland. Good therapy!

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #14 of 37
get my metal collection caught up

buy more vinyl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back