Your New Year's Music Resolution(s)?
Dec 24, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spend more time listening to new music. I'd like to find more groups like Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Nokturnal Mortum, and Agalloch.

My wife died a month ago, and I've been retreating into musicland. Good therapy!

Deeply sorry to hear that Moontan; music can be incredibly therapeutic. Hope you find some good material here on Head-Fi.

Dec 24, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #17 of 37
i have good number of preferred LPs already... hence, hunt & buy more preferred music CDs and DVDs
beerchug.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #18 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13
My wife died a month ago, and I've been retreating into musicland. Good therapy!

Damn, you have my condolences.

--

I pledge to only check the Head-Fi music forum once a day, except on weekends, or if nothing is on tv, or I am bored at work.

Dec 24, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deeply sorry to hear that Moontan; music can be incredibly therapeutic. Hope you find some good material here on Head-Fi.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Head-fi gave me some great music last year, and I'm checking out those Scan/Prog bands right now.

Dec 24, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #21 of 37
My objective is to buy some reasonably priced speakers and potentially a sub and maybe a new receiver unless i get active speakers. Perhaps buy some decent headphones and then a dac & amp...but the speakers are higher priority
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #24 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spend more time listening to new music. I'd like to find more groups like Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Nokturnal Mortum, and Agalloch.

Eh. I'm terribly sorry to hear that...
And yes, music is excellent therapy... It's helped me through some hard times as well...

Dec 25, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #27 of 37
I'd like to make it to at least one concert. But I've said that for several years now and it hasn't happened.

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #30 of 37
About few years ago I did buy some quality lounge,soundtracks some pop and classic rock music and also some jazz by Mile Davis.

This is when I got my true audiophile quality stereo system setup.

Then there came a phase where I became this health freak and listened only to trance music,you may ask how the two-health freak and trance music are related
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway it slowly came down to only music by Armin Van Buuren and other compositions by Armada Music.

Recently after I got my first set of decent headphones,headphone amp and the works,I have started listening to true audiophile recordings and should say am liking every bit of it.

Therefore my new year resolution in music will be to discover more music along the same lines and no more 128kbs mp3's, if possible avoid mp3's totally and go all FLAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back