Your head-Fi will, have you made it out yet?
Nov 14, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #31 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
Dude! 1,337 posts! Heh!
biggrin.gif

Anyway, all of my headphons and equipment will go to my kids, if I have any. Otherwise, I don't care.

Wow... that was extremely fitting for the 1337'th post too. I didn't even notice, my leetsense is weak tonight.

Nov 14, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #32 of 52
i think i would leave all my stuff to romanee and lan. they were such gentlemen when we met at the qualia store in nyc..plus i can lugh from the grave from the conniptions jahn would have seeing my gear so close but so fay away....
icon10.gif

Nov 14, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #33 of 52
I'd have all my treasured belongings buried with me, cause those bastards ain't getting jack from this rot. They can all suck it. Suck it hard.

Nov 14, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #34 of 52
i dunno if my siblings would appreciate my stuff. but i would give my CD collection to my brother though...

as for my stuff, whatever gear i may acquire before my ultimate demise (God forbid), it would all be handed over to the nearest Head-Fi member w/in close proximity and be raffled out accordingly for a forthcoming meet.

Nov 14, 2006 at 8:02 AM Post #36 of 52
Don't worry too much about estate taxes in the US. I don't think many (any?) of us have $700k wrapped up in headphone gear. Of course, a piece of real estate or two can push you over it. For those who are married, your spouse gets everything without having to pay taxes.

As for estate planning, everyone should have a simple will. You can get an attorney to draft one for $100-$300 or so and there are kits where you can draft your own.

If you have some unusual assets (e.g. headphones/gear) be sure to include an addendum/codicil about them. It is possible to include a provision asking your executor to sell all of your gear in the F/S Forum here. Really.

Beside a will, it pays to create a list of what you do own, a description, serial number, and a few digital photos. Excellent resource for insurance claims (hopefully not, though) and "just in case."

Pinky, cheer up. If the gloom is bothering you, why not take a vacation? If you want to get away from it, I'd recommend a few weeks in Arizona. I've traveled there a bit and go there frequently on business. If you'd like some recommendations, let me know. There's plenty of sun, even this time of year.

Nov 14, 2006 at 10:06 AM Post #37 of 52
I don't really know anyone that is in any way an audiophile. All of my gear would go to waste. So that leaves only one option: have someone set up a giveaway thread on here. The person would need to have under, say, 250 posts and be registered for at least a week. Whichever one of these people, having never met me or spoken to me, can write the best eulogy for my funeral will get all of my gear. And, of course, their eulogy will be used at my funeral, in place of anything that my family could write (their grammar is terrible, screw 'em).

It's either that or I get cremated with all of my headphones, with my primary home amp being converted into an urn. But I don't think the cremation people will like dealing with 325i's.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
It is possible to include a provision asking your executor to sell all of your gear in the F/S Forum here. Really.

I can't even imagine what kind of post that'd be. "I'm sorry to announce that suchandsuch has passed on. But if you ever envied his gear, today's your lucky day!"

Nov 14, 2006 at 12:54 PM Post #38 of 52
Delete.

Nov 14, 2006 at 12:56 PM Post #39 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
Don't worry too much about estate taxes in the US. I don't think many (any?) of us have $700k wrapped up in headphone gear. Of course, a piece of real estate or two can push you over it. For those who are married, your spouse gets everything without having to pay taxes.

As for estate planning, everyone should have a simple will. You can get an attorney to draft one for $100-$300 or so and there are kits where you can draft your own.

LOL. I need new Trust & Estates attorney. I spent close to $200K on our family estate planning last year.... and we're not even done.

Nov 14, 2006 at 1:18 PM Post #40 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
i think i would leave all my stuff to romanee and lan. they were such gentlemen when we met at the qualia store in nyc..plus i can lugh from the grave from the conniptions jahn would have seeing my gear so close but so fay away....
icon10.gif

i'm going to make certain they hold you to that statement
lambda.gif

Nov 14, 2006 at 1:33 PM Post #41 of 52
my headphone rig, cd collection and vinyl collection have been allocated to 3 of my friends who would best appreciate them, my hifi would go to my girlfriend.
so yeah, ive given it a lot of thought. its in writing somewhere too....

Nov 14, 2006 at 1:38 PM Post #42 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I'd prefer to go quietly in a traditionally unassuming English way like passing away in my sleep and dying with a calm expression on my face. I don't propose to "croak" I'll pass away with the necessary decorum. I'm actually looking forward to death, if I'm correct in my way of thinking it's a good excuse to have a few days off and take a well deserved rest.

Wouldnt you rather be buried with your gear? Solar and wind generator atop and a few line conditioners chained as well? Then they come every couple of decades or so to rebuild the gear maybe stick in the next gen cans in too =)...

Eventually the air pressure will erode your skeleton over millenia. Sounds far away but when you're dead its like the next day...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I'd have all my treasured belongings buried with me, cause those bastards ain't getting jack from this rot. They can all suck it. Suck it hard.

Gravediggers > You

Nov 14, 2006 at 1:47 PM Post #43 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Another road I'll avoid
wink.gif

Cheers man.

Mike.

Hey dude - try not to let everything get to you. You've got your ears that are working and a love for music - it's such a great thing to have and the music can uplift you and let you fly from the troubles (at least that's what I do when life starts getting to me)

If your really have trouble with SAD then have you thought about talking to the doc about it? I'm on the anti-depressants now for things that I've been through where I eventually hit what was (at least I thought) rock bottom and they are taking effect and starting to help me out of the mire. Or maybe (as someone's suggested) a holiday somewhere - go where the sun is hot and you can soak up the rays.

Back to the original topic - I've thought about what might happen when I'm gone (it's amazing how many times you think about it when you suffer from depression) but to be honest I've never thought about what happens to my rig (small as it is at the moment) - I would probably want my best mate to have it. He's a bit of an audio freak like me (although not in headphones like I am) and he's got about 2-3 times the amount of CD's that I've got. Would be nice if he was able to appreciate it the proper way with some decent equipment to listen to.

If it wasn't that then I think I might will it that a raffle was done on head-fi and the equipment sent out to whoever wins (maybe someone would like the DT880 or the A900LTD)

Overall though Pinkie ... keep your ears open and let the music take you wherever you want to go!! Want to see you posting on here for a lot longer and when (finally!) we do get a UK meet all set up I want to be able to come and shake your hand!!
580smile.gif

Nov 14, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy
Gravediggers > You

Not with C4 strapped to the to the coffin.

Nov 14, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #45 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Not with C4 strapped to the to the coffin.

Hope the gravediggers didnt invest in that $200 diffuse kit.
Beep
Beep
Beepbeepbeep
*shuffle*shuffle*
CT win! dang it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back