YOUR FAVORITE IEM
Apr 6, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #16 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tough to pick out a favorite because our tastes/moods can change but I think I am most impressed with what Westone did with UM3X.

So balanced, so smooth, so natural sounding, insane instrument separation, razor sharp imaging, extremely detailed, nice full sound but ZERO fatigue, no hiss, efficient, comfortable, durable.

Some find the smallish soundstage a little too "in the head" but one cannot understate all of the outstanding attributes above.

^ Ditto. And I like the soundstage (I only listen to classical and acoustic music with these so that might be a reason).

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #17 of 58
HiFiMan RE0s for me.

Every time I listen to them, I find something new to love about them.

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #18 of 58
For me definitely the Sennheiser IE8!
1) Its extremely comfortable such that I feel nothing in my ears!

2)Excellent "headstaging" capabilities for an IEM. Doesn't sound as closed in and small sounding as some other IEMs. I can get a good sense of air between and around instruments.

3)Very good treble extension and treble detail though quite laid-back. The slightly laid-back nature of the treble allows me to listen for hours without fatigue.

4)Though on the warm side of neutral it does possess very good accuracy in instrument timbre.

5) Mid bass hump! What mid bass hump??? The design of the phones allow me to wear them with a shallow insertion such that its stigmatized mid bass hump is not bothersome to me. At the same time If I so feel the need for some thunderous bass-lines I just give them a deeper seal.

6)Organic and natural presentation.

7) The best cable on an IEM that I've used, and the icing on the cake is that its replaceable!

8) They sound excellent at very low listening volumes ( good for my ears).

9)They curbed my upgradetitis!

10) The most important aspect is that they play music! huh what the heck do you mean by play music? I mean that they don't artificially rely on a bumped treble to produce artificial details. Some folks say they're not detailed, I disagree. They have very good detail though subtly so. Hence, instead of playing the details in my music like some IEMs did . They play the music with details and they do so in a coherent and engaging manner that I thoroughly enjoy.

The list goes on.........

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #22 of 58
@HONEYBOY, a no for "9)They curbed my upgradetitis!", to my ears.

They lure you to the customs route
tongue.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #23 of 58
more like this site lures you to customs...

I got a bunch of saving to do if they are indeed my next step. The one I was looking is a bit more expensive now than previously so my wallet is currently hiding in a corner trembling in fear :p It would probably go around 700 total so it would easily be more than double my most expensive universal iem purchase.

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #25 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
more like this site lures you to customs...

Quite true
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:

I got a bunch of saving to do if they are indeed my next step. The one I was looking is a bit more expensive now than previously so my wallet is currently hiding in a corner trembling in fear :p It would probably go around 700 total so it would easily be more than double my most expensive universal iem purchase.

I am starting part time job, to fund up for a pair of custom
wink.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #26 of 58
fund one for me too
smily_headphones1.gif

@LintHart: actually if I was to get a JHA custom the JH13's look more appealing than the JH16 :p

Apr 7, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #27 of 58
The UE Triple.Fi 10s and the Westone UM3Xs. Like I said in another thread, I'd be very much interested in getting a pair of the latter when they release a detachable cable version of such in a few weeks/months.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 7:40 AM Post #29 of 58
Hippo VB for me.

I love it more than TF10 & Shure se530.

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #30 of 58
Quote:

@LintHart: actually if I was to get a JHA custom the JH13's look more appealing than the JH16 :p

Doesn't matter which one, just get one of them
biggrin.gif
. The 16's are simply amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back