Your Favorite IEM Tip Poll
Jan 12, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #16 of 33
I just switched from the bi-flanges to the small silicone tips on my Super.fi 5pro's. I find them to be the most comfortable, offer the best isolation, and are the easiest to insert and get sealed. I do not care for the foam tips at all.

Jan 12, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #17 of 33
when i had the um2, e4 and er4p i used the triple-flange sleeves as they didn't darken the sound too much. although not as comfortable as the foam tips, they sounded the best to me. now that i only have the e2c, i mainly use the flex sleeves with them as the clear silicon tips are too uncomfortable and i can't get a decent seal with them.

Jan 12, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #18 of 33
I have been through every tip made, even squeezing on tips that weren't supposed to fit. Trimming, cutting, and so on. Turns out that my ear canals are about the size of the yellow foamies, when they are fully expanded. The only solution taht I found works well for me, is using the larger size, black Ety foamies, and trimming some of the length off of them.
etysmile.gif

Jan 12, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #20 of 33
For true IEM use, I like the foamies, overall (didn't think I would, maybe because they look so low-tech yet geeky at the same time -- and they do need to be cleaned/replaced).

For overall comfort, I like the silicone tips on the Sony 51's/71's ... but those aren't true IEMs, right?

Jan 13, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #21 of 33
Soft flex for both Shure and UE. I find them the most comfortable and easiest to use for frequent re-insertion.

Jan 13, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead
For overall comfort, I like the silicone tips on the Sony 51's/71's ... but those aren't true IEMs, right?

Can you even put foamies/flanges on those?

Jan 13, 2006 at 7:28 AM Post #24 of 33
I like the foamies, when ever I use the grey flex sleeves on my shures they make me feel like I'm underwater if that makes any sense at all...lol...what I mean is that there seems to be a suction effect with them that is not there with the foamies. Only trouble with the foam is that I need to replace them soon...

Jan 14, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #25 of 33
"Can you even put foamies/flanges on those?"

By "silicone tips" I mean the default ear pieces that come with the Sony's (I believe some people use the Sony's tips on Panasonics, etc., for comfort). I think I've read of people at least inquiring about trying different tips on Sony's ...

Jan 14, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #26 of 33
Bi-flanges for me. Of course, using ER-6is, so only limiting me with two choices. I have a horrible time trying to stuff the foam peices in for some reason.

Jan 14, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by danman81
ok, can i get your impressions on these?

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/earplugs...itearmol1.html

thanks

and no pun intended!

heres a quote:

"Perfect Your Isolation Earphone System
With Custom Fitted Ear Molds!
The only way we know to improve your isolation earphones from Etymotic, Shure or Precision Labs is to equip them with custom made ear molds. With custom molds you get improved comfort, increased durability, an effortless, always perfect acoustic seal for the awsome bass response you crave, and your isolation level will be increased to 25dB or better. If you use the foam tips or your phones already have triple flanged tips, as is the case with ER-4 phones and some Shures, the custom molds will probably not increase isolation enough to notice, but single and double flanged tip users (ER-6, and all the Shure phones) will notice a dramatic improvement in the level of isolation."

im a little skeptical about the bass response because I beleive i am getting a very good seal with medium sized single flanged silcone tips, basically look like little balls. gl
basshead.gif

Jan 14, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #28 of 33
I'm a big fan of Tri-Flanges. I just seem to get a better seal with them and like the sound quality. Foamies may give slightly better isolation, however - I'm still in the air on that particular topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back