Your Favorite IEM Tip Poll
Jan 11, 2006 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Ypoknons

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got a pair of UM1's and my initial impression is that they are much more clarity than my PX100's (both due to driver and isolation) but a limited soundstage, less so than my HD465 (as expected). So let's do a poll, it's fun
etysmile.gif
! Favorite means balancing sound quality and cost of use.

That is, if you can't think of a favorite, just vote for the one that goes into the ear most often.

I know there will be biases - UM owners will vote for Comply since that's what they come with, Ety owners for the flanges, and Sony, Panasonic owners for rubber, but it'll be interesting all the same to see what everyone likes. No problem if you've only used one type eh.

It'd be good if you post your IEM model too in case someone was tracking which tip is popular for which IEM.

Jan 11, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 33
I use the silicone bi-flange. Although the flex sleeves are really comfy, they are in my ears less securely and the isolation is poor.

Jan 11, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #4 of 33
I typically use the long comply tips with my UM1 mainly because the isolation and comfort are better. If I'm actually going to just sit and listen to them (instead of working while I listen) I'll switch to biflanges a majority of the time since it brings out the highs a bit more. Also if I expect to be interrupted a lot I'll use the biflanges as well since they're easier to put in/remove. I don't find the flanges all that comfortable though so I don't listen for long that way if I can help it.

Ant

Jan 11, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #9 of 33
i stand corrected; i should have voted medium size Rubber/Silicon Flex Sleeves, they go deeper and provide deeper bass i think
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Jan 12, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #11 of 33
I personally am inclined towards Comply because go the deepest and my ear canal seems to be a little too small even for that but I guess I should at least try them on for a week before voting.

Jan 12, 2006 at 6:11 PM Post #14 of 33
I too prefer tri-flanges. This has to do with their long-lasting nature and relative economy compared to to foamies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back