Your favorite donut
Nov 22, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #16 of 62
These are the best donuts in SF http://www.dynamodonut.com/

The bacon ones sound like a joke, but they're like breakfast on Sunday.

Nov 22, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #17 of 62
Glazed, chocolate covered, and creme filled chocolate covered
wink_face.gif

Nov 22, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #18 of 62
(Sure wish we had a Tim Horton's here.)

Oh no no, man. Timmy's is not your friend. I'll get a box of Timbits and tall coffee with cream whenever I'm in Canada but that's more like it helps me feel like I'm assimilating than anything else. It's okay as donuts go, nothing more. But in the US, Tim Horton's is not as good. I might even go as far as say it's not good. Especially when there are so many options that are not Timmy's. 

When I lived in Michigan my partner and I would occasionally visit Zingerman's Bakehouse on Saturday morning and share a couple donuts with coffee. The apple-bacon cake donuts were some of the best things in the world. I miss them. 

There's only one Krispy Kreme within striking distance from home here. Fresh off the conveyor is about the only way I can stand their donuts but wow, when they're so hot off the conveyor the clerk is bagging the donut using a stick rather than his fingers I can practically inhale 'em. They taste totally different, and not as good, as little as a half hour later.

My failsafe favorite is chocolate cake donut, iced. Chocolate glazed, by Dunkin Donut parlance. My favorite breakfast for years was a choco glaze, Boston creme filled, and large regular coffee. I'm older now so that has to be cut back to a choco glazed and regular. Dunkin Donuts coffee is the only coffee I can stand to drink with sugar in it.

Probably a good thing that donuts are a once a month or less thing for me.

Nov 22, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #19 of 62
I agree, I ate at a Tim Hortons a couple times when I was in NY (don't have them in the Midwest, so far as I know), and honestly it wasn't very good. Maybe it's a different story in Canada.

Nov 22, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #20 of 62

Quote:
I agree, I ate a a Tim Hortons a couple times when I was in NY (don't have them in the Midwest, so far as I know), and honestly it wasn't very good. Maybe it's a different story in Canada.

Must be delicious here because i love their donuts and coffee.

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #22 of 62
Quote:

Oh no no, man. Timmy's is not your friend. I'll get a box of Timbits and tall coffee with cream whenever I'm in Canada but that's more like it helps me feel like I'm assimilating than anything else. It's okay as donuts go, nothing more. But in the US, Tim Horton's is not as good. I might even go as far as say it's not good. Especially when there are so many options that are not Timmy's. 

When I lived in Michigan my partner and I would occasionally visit Zingerman's Bakehouse on Saturday morning and share a couple donuts with coffee. The apple-bacon cake donuts were some of the best things in the world. I miss them. 

There's only one Krispy Kreme within striking distance from home here. Fresh off the conveyor is about the only way I can stand their donuts but wow, when they're so hot off the conveyor the clerk is bagging the donut using a stick rather than his fingers I can practically inhale 'em. They taste totally different, and not as good, as little as a half hour later.

My failsafe favorite is chocolate cake donut, iced. Chocolate glazed, by Dunkin Donut parlance. My favorite breakfast for years was a choco glaze, Boston creme filled, and large regular coffee. I'm older now so that has to be cut back to a choco glazed and regular. Dunkin Donuts coffee is the only coffee I can stand to drink with sugar in it.

Probably a good thing that donuts are a once a month or less thing for me.

x2, the last year or so everyone at school says "Ohhh, im going to Tim Horton's" and i just think in my mind, what's so great about it? Ive had it a time or two, and dont really care for their products. Though i have never had a "hot-off-the-press" donut, i have seen shows on it and family members telling me their experience. I prefer family donut shows like Knapps Donuts over here in Rochester or Dunkin Donuts i prefer over Krispy Kreme or Tim Horton's.

Nov 23, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #23 of 62

Quote:
Don't know if they are only canadian but i love honey crullers.

Tim hortins donuts ftw.

x 5 !!!
 I sort of cured myself of these years ago by attempting to eat a dozen at in a single sitting. Stops the problem dead in it's tracks, mostly. Did the same thing with cheesecake hahah. The only donut I will eat from time to time.

Didn't realize Tim Horton's made it's way down south  ( well owned by United States'ers now )

I also don't get why it's so popular. Coffee especially, but I'm a coffee snob probably.

Nov 23, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #24 of 62
well, my favorite is from my local donut shop (although dunkin donuts is closer) usually i get maple or maple/chocolate donuts or boston cream and chocolate cake from dnd

Nov 23, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #28 of 62

Quote:
I'll start :) I like the original glazed donuts by Krispy Kreme.

yes. nothing beats a freshly made glazed donut like Krispy Kremes. I recently took a trip and picked up some doughnuts from Voodoo in Portland. While they make some interesting creations, they don't beat Krispy Kreme in taste. Will need to try Tim Horton's someday...

Nov 23, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #29 of 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Back