Your favorite donut
Nov 22, 2011 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

Uncle Erik

Uncle Exotic
I know they're not good for you, but I've been hitting up the local 24 hour donut shop a couple times a week. (Sure wish we had a Tim Horton's here.)

Tonight, I picked up a maple old fashioned and a chocolate devilsfood cake.

What do you like?

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #3 of 62
Quote:
I'll start :) I like the original glazed donuts by Krispy Kreme.

Ahh good times, I remember being at the opening of the first Krispy Kreme in Australia.

I can't eat them anymore though, I get headaches.
frown.gif

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #6 of 62
Since moving to NY I've got hooked on Tim Horton's vanilla creme doughnuts.  So sweet they hurt your teeth!

Nov 22, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #8 of 62
I usually go for a glazed cruller from a local place. I'm not really a huge donut fan, and I hate most icing, but the cruller does it for me. The glazed at Krispy Kreme are quite good, also.

Nov 22, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #9 of 62
Plain old glazed would be my favorite. A warm apple friter or cinnamon role would be up there. If you're near Napa, the Buttercream Bakery is the place. 

Nov 22, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #10 of 62
For me, it doesn't get any better than a fresh, warm apple cider doughnut at any of the local orchards. These guys have some cider in them and are coated in cinnamon and sugar. There is nothing better after a crisp fall day of picking apples.

Before they (mostly) went bust, a nice glazed Krispy Kreme right off the conveyor belt was always good too. I have never had Tim Horton's (they haven't made it this far south) but the next time I go north, I think I need to make it my mission to try some of their doughnuts.

Nov 22, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #12 of 62
My common staples would be Boston Creme, French Kruller, Glazed, and Hurtz.

Nov 22, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #14 of 62
It has to be either an old fashioned plain donut sprinkled with sugar, or an old fashioned covered in cinnamon sugar.

Nov 22, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #15 of 62
Don't know if they are only canadian but i love honey crullers.

Tim hortins donuts ftw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back