Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Oct 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #6,077 of 6,671
Okay, these next seven are things I've bought recently. Photographed ones are LPs and the ones with just an image of the artwork CDs.

Storm Corrosion - Storm Corrosion

Converge - Jane Doe [limited edition 45rpm 2 LP]

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours [45rpm 2 LP]

Cut by Kevin Gray and Steve Hoffman. Pressed at Pallas.

Jon Hopkins - Immunity

Tim Hecker - Virgins

Slayer - South of Heaven

Haken - The Mountain

In addition I got these five LPs as a really early Christmas present from my mom today. We don't really believe that the spirit of Christmas is bound to a certain date and when Elusive Disc was having a 12% off sale for loyal customers recently it seemed like a perfect opportunity in both of our minds to place an order. I obviously picked the discs myself because there's no chance my mom could possibly know what I have and would want, but still this is a superlative present indeed. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Patricia Barber - Café Blue [Premonition Records; 180g 2 LP]

Remixed by Jim Anderson. Mastered by Bob Ludwig. Mastered for vinyl by Doug Sax. Pressed at RTI.

Jeff Buckley - Grace

Mastered by Kevin Gray. Pressed at RTI.

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold

Mastered by Bernie Grundman. Plated and pressed at Pallas.

Elvis Presley - From Elvis in Memphis [Friday Music; limited edition 180g LP]

Mastered by Joe Reagoso with Kevin Gray. Pressed at RTI.

Pixies - Surfer Rosa [Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab; numbered, limited edition half-speed mastered 180g LP]

Oct 24, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #6,079 of 6,671
That looks pretty dope. I learned of Protest the Hero here on Head-Fi a couple years ago but none of the record shops in my town seem to ever have any of their music so I don't have any of their albums yet. I guess the Internet will have to be my best friend once again at some point.

Oct 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #6,080 of 6,671
  That looks pretty dope. I learned of Protest the Hero here on Head-Fi a couple years ago but none of the record shops in my town seem to ever have any of their music so I don't have any of their albums yet. I guess the Internet will have to be my best friend once again at some point.

It's more than dope.
tongue_smile.gif
Fortress is one of my favorite albums from the group. I do recommend you check 'em out when you can. My record stores are barely starting to carry more of their music. I'm not sure if the vinyl for this album is available anymore, but the CDs are there. While the mastering isn't the greatest by any means, it is tolerable and the music is just so fun and exciting.

Oct 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #6,081 of 6,671
Got bored at lunchtime so checked out my local store, two random new albums and three used that I have vague memories of enjoying many years ago... hopefully they still sound good with much better equipment and a more mature listener!

Split Cranium - HH666-239

An Evening With John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess

Slipknot - Volume 3 The Subliminal Verses

A - Hi-Fi Serious

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By The Way

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #6,082 of 6,671
I'm addicted to music. Don't feel like I need help though! All of these are downloads from Beatport.

Mobilize - Assimilation
https://soundcloud.com/mobilisiemusik/momu015

Ioan Gamboa - The World Outside

Stimpack - Wander / Internal

Vinayak^A - Losing Myself

Toby Hedges - Images
https://soundcloud.com/silkmusic/sets/silkrl051

Edit
Oh yeah, also got this on the iTunes Store earlier today.

Tripshots - Genesis

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #6,084 of 6,671
It's not five, but I just picked these two up today at the local record store:

Oct 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #6,085 of 6,671
Birthday presents!

Oct 28, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #6,086 of 6,671
I'm cheating, since 6 CD's arrived today.

Neil Young - After The Gold Rush

Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

Grizzly Bear - Vecketamist 

Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse - Dark Night of the Soul

Daniel Rossen - Silent Hour / Golden Mile

Radiohead - Amnesiac

Oct 29, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #6,087 of 6,671
In no chronological order:

Arcade Fire - Reflektor (2013) mp3 - Just released today, only have access to MP3 download, but man, James Murphy (of LCD Soundsystem) produced this album and it hits hard lyrically and musically. Really their best album yet by far.

Kishi Bashi - 151a (2012) LP - A local to my native Norfolk, VA, this guys does some amazing work with the violin and with digital live looping. Masterfully produced the album himself using great layering skills and instrumentation. A joy to the ears in analog format. Just saw him live a few months ago and he blew me away. Should be releasing a new full-length album soon.

The Beatles - The Beatles (1960) LP - The classic. I was able to nab a 1968 reissue for 10 bucks. Really fun to listen to on my Grados.

Flume - Flume (2012) FLAC - An exciting and sometimes relaxing DJ from Australia with a style I tend to veer towards in my own production. Has an excellent ear for mastering and doesn't overdo the wubs.

The Weeknd - Kiss Land (2013) FLAC - A killer R&B producer with some of the best beats and sounds to come out of modern R&B. A much darker turn from his last album, goes from groovy to blue many times in a short album.

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #6,089 of 6,671

Pixies - Doolittle [Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab numbered limited edition half-speed mastered LP]

Monomer - Quite Operational
https://monomer.bandcamp.com/album/quite-operational

Nekochan - Bloodyful
https://fuselab.bandcamp.com/album/bloodyful

Rebecca Brandt - Numbers & Shapes [limited edition CD]
https://rebeccabrandt.bandcamp.com/album/numbers-shapes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back