Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Oct 8, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #6,061 of 6,671
While you might not like the dialogue, the new master that Kevin Gray did is soooooo good.

Quote:

Actually, it looks like a re-recorded version of the soundtrack came out last year without the dialogue. Listening to it now, and while it's not *perfect,* it's incredibly damn close. (Especially since it had to be 'reverse-engineered,' as it would appear that Vangelis-penned sheet music for the soundtrack does not exist.) For those concerned, it's nothing like that weird orchestral version that came out shortly after the film. I'd say this one is about 95% accurate with regards to how similar it sounds to Vangelis, in addition to which it sounds much better recorded. Google 'Edgar Rothermich Blade Runner' if you're curious. Normally I'd shy away from this sort of thing, but because it sounds so very close, I'll be picking up a copy and loving it to death. This is the Blade Runner soundtrack that I've always wanted to listen to.  

Well, *almost.* I'd love it if they had gone the full mile and re-recorded all the music that appears in the film and which doesn't appear on the official soundtracks too, but hey, you can't have everything, I suppose.

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #6,062 of 6,671
While you might not like the dialogue, the new master that Kevin Gray did is soooooo good.

I'll check it out. I've also queued up the most recent bootleg edition of the soundtrack from Esper. I remember being fairly impressed with their take on the soundtrack going on a decade ago now, and it looks like they've only continued to add to it and refine its quality.

Edit: Wow, the 'Retirement' edition of the soundtrack from Esper is *fantastic.* They've been working on making their bootleg of the soundtrack the best that it can be for quite a while now, and I really don't think it gets much better than this. For being what it is, the sound quality is excellent, considering some of the sources they had to pull the music from. The track sequencing is utterly without flaw, in addition to which there is all sorts of music here that you can't hear on any of the official releases. While film dialogue and sound effects do intrude on several of the tracks, it's nowhere near as constant as it is on other releases, and often seems more like ambient effects added to the tracks, more than anything else. The whole endeavor is obviously a labor of the most fanatical sort of love. I'd highly recommend that Blade Runner fans who haven't dived into the vibrant world of Blade Runner soundtrack bootlegs try it out; I'm only sorry that I haven't re-examined said world in about a decade, myself, or I would have stumbled across this version much sooner.

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #6,063 of 6,671
I got these four on Beatport today.​
 ​
Baltic Sound - Montreal​
https://soundcloud.com/nuevadigital/sets/nd087-ilya-malyuev-pres-baltic​
 ​
Dayon - Deep Feeling EP​
https://soundcloud.com/nuevadigital/sets/nd103-dayon-deep-feeling-ep​
 ​
Hazuki - Romantic​
https://soundcloud.com/liquid-tones/sets/lqt028-hazuki-romantic-out​
 ​
Hells Kitchen - The End of Us Remixes​
https://soundcloud.com/auramusic/sets/hells-kitchen-the-end-of-us-1​

Oct 13, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #6,065 of 6,671
a8c8c833_01.jpeg

Stephen Cornford ~ Binatone Galaxy
77a655a0_02.jpeg

Stephen Cornford & Patrick Farmer ~ A Measure of Ground
ab7dee4c_03.jpeg

Matt Earle/Jason Kahn/Adam Sussman ~ Draught
27ce4e30_04.jpeg

Michael Pisaro ~ The Punishment of the Tribe by its Elders

Oct 13, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #6,066 of 6,671
Got few CDs yesterday myself, bit different genres than most albums in this topic :)

Carcass - Surgical Steel - awesome album, if you like this kind of music;
Pearl Jam - Lightning Bolt - I don't really understand why it was on display in my local store, when according to wiki it is released on 14th Oct;
Metallica - ...And Justice for All - somehow I never had it on CD;
Soulfly - Savages - listening to it right now;

NlG4nq8.jpg

Oct 13, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #6,067 of 6,671
All picked up yesterday:

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #6,071 of 6,671
First two are LPs, the third a CD, next four lossless files from Beatport and the last one a Blu-ray plus CD combo. 'Grand Ghosts' and 'Dual Sight' are still on their way to me.

GZA - Liquid Swords [2011 reissue]

Kacey Johansing - Grand Ghosts [limited edition white vinyl]
https://kaceyjohansing.bandcamp.com/album/grand-ghosts

Various artists (Vanguard Sound) - Dual Sight [Chinese limited edition CD version with one bonus track]
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vanguard-Sound-New-VOCALOID-Album-Dual-Sight/1379924612.html

Embliss & Ad Brown - Oreon (Remixes)

Escenda - Addicted to You

Matto - Funkaholic EP

Yuriy from Russia - Sunrise Girl

Adele - Live at the Royal Albert Hall [BD+CD]

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #6,073 of 6,671
That GZA reissue is great, btw.

Got it today so haven't listened to it yet. The clerk at the store said it was supposedly much better than the older pressing he had bought before the new reissue came out.

Oct 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #6,074 of 6,671
First one is a CD and the rest AIFF files from Beatport that I converted to ALAC. I've never heard anything by Mobilize before but at least based on previews his stuff sounds really intriguing.

Patricia Barber - Nightclub [Premonition Records 24kt gold collector's edition HDCD]

Andre Sobota - One Day Out

Alessandro Diga - Avondrood

Mobilize - Erotica

Mobilize - Moment of Peace

Mobilize - Evening Kisses

Tvardovsky - Code

Weepee - Platea

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #6,075 of 6,671
501- Beat The System

Ctrlz Vs Freestylers Ruffneck 09"

Foreign Beggars- Get a bit more

Mindflow- Switched

Cutline- Die for you

The links are beatport links, but I don't like beatport. I went to the record labels site instead. These are my five recent LPs I bought. NeverSayDie is one of my favorite record labels besides Monstercat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back