Oct 19, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #4,623 of 6,671
2X

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #4,625 of 6,671
Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get [Audio Fidelity HDCD]
King Crimson - In the Wake of Poseidon [40th Anniversary Series, CD+DVD]
Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds [Discovery Edition]
Pink Floyd - The Division Bell [Discovery Edition]
Simon & Garfunkel - Sounds of Silence [Audio Fidelity HDCD]

I've already compared the new remaster of The Division Bell to the original 1994 CD I have, and I'm really surprised that the new release manages to sound better than the original (to my ears at least). I was reluctant to buy some of the more recent Pink Floyd releases remastered, because I was quite sure there would be little or no improvement, but I guess I was mistaken (I'm glad that I was). I've always thought that the original CD sounds quite good, so it's very pleasing that they managed to improve the sound, especially if it's a digital recording like I assume. Oh, by the way, it's one of my favorite Pink Floyd albums. It doesn't seem to get as much love from other people as I think it deserves though.

I guess I could also mention that Obscured by Clouds has been improved so much that it should be obvious to anyone who takes the time to compare it to a previous CD release. If you're one of the people who is on the fence about buying any of the new Pink Floyd remasters, this might be one of the best albums to verify the improvements for yourself (assuming you like Obscured by Clouds).

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #4,626 of 6,671
Blotted Science - The Anatomy of Entomology
The Reign Of Kindo - This Is What Happens
The Esbjorn Svensson Trio - Leucocyte
Nigel Kennedy - East Meets West
The Reign Of Kindo - Rhythm Chord & Melody

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #4,627 of 6,671
Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get [Audio Fidelity HDCD]
King Crimson - In the Wake of Poseidon [40th Anniversary Series, CD+DVD]
Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds [Discovery Edition]
Pink Floyd - The Division Bell [Discovery Edition]
Simon & Garfunkel - Sounds of Silence [Audio Fidelity HDCD]

I've already compared the new remaster of The Division Bell to the original 1994 CD I have, and I'm really surprised that the new release manages to sound better than the original (to my ears at least). I was reluctant to buy some of the more recent Pink Floyd releases remastered, because I was quite sure there would be little or no improvement, but I guess I was mistaken (I'm glad that I was). I've always thought that the original CD sounds quite good, so it's very pleasing that they managed to improve the sound, especially if it's a digital recording like I assume. Oh, by the way, it's one of my favorite Pink Floyd albums. It doesn't seem to get as much love from other people as I think it deserves though.

I guess I could also mention that Obscured by Clouds has been improved so much that it should be obvious to anyone who takes the time to compare it to a previous CD release. If you're one of the people who is on the fence about buying any of the new Pink Floyd remasters, this might be one of the best albums to verify the improvements for yourself (assuming you like Obscured by Clouds).

Thanks for posting this. I learned about the new remaster collection and was waiting for some peer feedback.

DB is a very unique album, perhaps unapproachable by many as it is a very intimate (as in personal) album in my opinion. Not an album to be taken lightly.

Oct 21, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #4,628 of 6,671
[size=12pt]Pit-bull- Planet Pit[/size]
[size=12pt]Jay-z and Kanye West-Watch the Throne[/size]
[size=12pt]The Script-The script[/size]
[size=12pt]The Script- Science & Faith[/size]
[size=12pt]Amy Winehouse- Frank[/size]

Oct 21, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #4,629 of 6,671
Heres 4, but 1 is a double....

1. Primus - Green Naugahyde
2. Ray  LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs -  God Willing and the Creek Dont Rise
3. Pearl Jam Twenty Soundtrack(the double album)
4. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon 2011 remaster

Oct 21, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #4,630 of 6,671
Heres 4, but 1 is a double....

1. Primus - Green Naugahyde
2. Ray  LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs -  God Willing and the Creek Dont Rise
3. Pearl Jam Twenty Soundtrack(the double album)
4. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon 2011 remaster

If you're counting DSotM as the double I currently have 6 CDs of DSotM. I have the original CD, the 30th Anniversary, the 2011 remaster, PULSE live, the '74 live and the Flaming Lips cover. Through the years I've owned the LP, cassette and 8 tack. Not to mention I've replaced my CD for various reasons. Oh I've gifted it too an occasions. I've repurchased other albums as well but Dark Side as been the album I have certainly purchased most. I'm waiting to be awarded my own Gold Disc. :)

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #4,631 of 6,671

Quote:
If you're counting DSotM as the double I currently have 6 CDs of DSotM. I have the original CD, the 30th Anniversary, the 2011 remaster, PULSE live, the '74 live and the Flaming Lips cover. Through the years I've owned the LP, cassette and 8 tack. Not to mention I've replaced my CD for various reasons. Oh I've gifted it too an occasions. I've repurchased other albums as well but Dark Side as been the album I have certainly purchased most. I'm waiting to be awarded my own Gold Disc.
smily_headphones1.gif

I was counting PJ20 as the double as in double album. But I know the feeling, I had my entire CD collection(150-200 albums maybe) stolen when I was 20-21 and repurchased most of those(that were worth a repurchase, I made alot of bad purchases back then). As well as repurchasing stuff Ive bought on Cassette. I missed the Vinyl boat as a child, but Im making up for lost time now and will probably repurchase some albums on vinyl as well.

Oct 21, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #4,632 of 6,671
Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja
Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn [Discovery Edition]
The Smiths - The Smiths
Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - The Social Network
Van der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts

Oct 23, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #4,634 of 6,671
Been mostly vinyls lately

Tom Waits - Bad As Me, deluxe CD and the Vinyl
Wilco - The Whole Love. Vinyl
Feist - Metals. Vinyl
Magnolia Electric Co. - Magnolia Electric Co. Vinyl
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon. Vinyl

Oct 23, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #4,635 of 6,671
sorted by most recent...

CaribouSwim (2010)
Tyler, the CreatorGoblin (2011)
Kanye WestJay-ZWatch the Throne (2011)
SBTRKTSBTRKT (2011)
Timber TimbreCreep On' Creepin' On (2011)
BraidsNative Speaker (2011)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back