Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Nov 30, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #3,046 of 6,671
Well, it's a little more than 5....

· Metallica- Ride The Lightening; Kill 'Em All
· U2- The Unforgettable Fire; Achtung Baby
· The Velvet Underground- The Velvet Underground & Nico; White Light/White Heat
· Randy Newman- Sail Away; Little Criminals
· Deep Purple- In Rock (25th Anniversary Edition); Fireball (25th Anniversary Edition); Who Do We Think We Are (Remastered)
· Guns 'N Roses- Chinese Democracy
· Lynyrd Skynyrd- Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd; Gimme Back My Bullets (Deluxe Edition)
· Wilco- Being There; Summerteeth; Sky Blue Sky (Tour Edition)
· The Jimi Hendrix Experience- Are You Experienced
· Dire Straits- Dire Straits; Brothers In Arms
· Elbow- Asleep In The Back; Cast Of Thousands
· Stereophonics- You Gotta Go There To Come Back; Language. Sex. Violence. Other?
· The Cure- The Top
· Genesis- A Trick of the Tail
· Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band- Trout Mask Replica; Safe As Milk
· Derek & The Dominos- Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs
· The Stooges- The Stooges (2 Disc; 2nd Disc of Alternate takes etc); Raw Power
· Richard & Linda Thompson- I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight; Shoot Out The Lights (Japenese Bonus Track)
· Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble- Texas Flood; Couldn't Stand The Weather; Soul To Soul
· Cream- Disareli Gears (Deluxe Edition)
· Eric Clapton- 461 Ocean Boulevard (Deluxe Edition)
· Porcupine Tree- Signify (Including Insignificance); The Sky Moves Sideways (Remastered and Expanded Edition); On The Sunday Of Life
· King Crimson- In the Court of The Crimson King (Original Master Edition); Red (30th Anniversary Edition)
· Stone Temple Pilots- Core; Purple
· Bruce Springsteen (& The E Street Band)- Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J.; The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle; The River
· Manic Street Preachers- Generation Terrorists; Gold Against the Soul
· Frank Zappa- One Size Fits All; Waka/Jawaka
· Fugazi- Repeater (+ 3 Songs); Red Medecine
· The Yardbirds- For Your Love (2007 Remaster; Bonus Germany Tracks); Having A Rave Up (2007 Remaster; Germany Bonus Tracks)
· AC/DC- Powerage; To Those About To Rock We Salute You; Back In Black
· Chris Smither- Drive You Home Again

Nov 30, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #3,047 of 6,671
New 1/4" 4-Track Stereo Tape Acquisitions:

Tchaikovsky/Mendelssohn: Violin Concertos - Francescatti/Szell/Cleveland Orchestra
Beethoven: Symphony No. 6 / Fidelio Overture - Fritz Reiner/Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 5 - Leopold Stokowski/New Philharmonia Orchestra
Dvorak: Symphony No. 9 (From the New World) - Toscaninni/NBC Symphony Orchestra
Sibelius Violin Concerto - Jascha Heifetz/Walter Hendel/Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Beethoven Violin Concerto - Jascha Heifetz/Charles Munch/Boston Symphony Orchestra
Beethoven Symphony Nos. 8 and 9 - Bruno Walter/Columbia Symphony Orchestra
Beethoven / Bach / Schubert: Trios and Sinfonias - Jascha Heifetz/Fritz Reiner/Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Grieg: Piano Concerto / Rachmaninoff: Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini - Entremont/Ormandy/Philadelphia Orchestra
Grieg: Piano Concerto / Rachmaninoff: Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini - Arthur Rubinstein/Reiner/Chicago Symphony Orchestra

Tony Bennett - I Left My Heart in San Francisco
Tony Bennett - I Wanna Be Around
Tony Bennett - Songs for the Jet Set
Tony Bennett - The Movie Song Album

--Jerome

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #3,048 of 6,671
BS & JS are doing thier patriotic duty to pull us out of this deep economic recession, we salute you!
beerchug.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #3,049 of 6,671
How does the old proverb go? Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die.
wink.gif

I have to admit that in the past week or so I have spent about $1,200 on music, and that is a lot of dough in such a short period of time. (though most of it was from a bonus I was recently paid).

--Jerome

Nov 30, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #3,050 of 6,671
Cheers DarkAngel!

Similar to Jerome, though he's been cherrypicking more rare and/or coveted editions/mediums/versions of records (that I imagine each one on it's own is expensive), to bolster my music repetoire with those albums listed there, I have spent a small fortune also (somewhere in the region 350-400 GBP). But it's pretty much all standard releases; that's just what it amounts to! However, I've also splurged on Klipsch Custom 1's, klipsch custom 2's and a Buffalo Drivestation 1TB external hard-drive for storage! I enjoy spending money on myself, I have to admit it
cool.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #3,051 of 6,671
BloodSugar, I'm looking over your list and it seems to me that you've done some cherrypicking yourself!
biggrin.gif
There are a lot of great titles there. I have and really like a lot of the Deluxe Edition two CD sets. If you don't already have it then you should check out The Who - Live at Leeds Deluxe Edition set. My primary digital rig consists of a Squeezebox Duet, KECES DA-131.1 DAC, and a 1TB hard disk. It gets plenty of use. When I buy a new CD it gets ripped to FLAC and onto my Squeezebox album list. I love it!

--Jerome

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #3,053 of 6,671
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BloodSugar, I'm looking over your list and it seems to me that you've done some cherrypicking yourself!
biggrin.gif
There are a lot of great titles there. I have and really like a lot of the Deluxe Edition two CD sets. If you don't already have it then you should check out The Who - Live at Leeds Deluxe Edition set. My primary digital rig consists of a Squeezebox Duet, KECES DA-131.1 DAC, and a 1TB hard disk. It gets plenty of use. When I buy a new CD it gets ripped to FLAC and onto my Squeezebox album list. I love it!

--Jerome

I did a little, lol. It's great having a music shop like that, you're right! The whole process of getting your music prepped for a listen and then listening- awesome! Again, I'm not at your level of gear yet and don't have a serious home set-up or rig to speak of yet- only been in this game seriously since april last year when I was looking for a DAP and some high quality, portable headphones/IEM's. As just alluded to, all my money has gone on portable gear and music at this point. I do plan to get a home rig capitalised at some point, but for now, simply listening via my DAP and triplefi's or SA6 or SE530's is marvelous!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #3,054 of 6,671
New audiophile vinyl on order:

Joe Cocker - With a Little Help from My Friends (180g Speakers Corner)
Traffic - Traffic (180g Simply Vinyl)
Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You (180g 4 Men with Beards)
Aretha Franklin - Aretha Now (180g 4 Men with Beards)
Aretha Franklin - Soul '69 (180g 4 Men with Beards)
Aretha Franklin - Spirit in the Dark (180g 4 Men with Beards)
Nina Simone - Nina at Town Hall (180g 4 Men with Beards)
Nina Simone - Little Girl Blue (Getback Records)
Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington - Recording Together for the First Time (200g 45 RPM Classic Records Clarity Vinyl)

--Jerome

Dec 4, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #3,056 of 6,671
Armin Van Buuren - As State of Trance 2008
Tiesto - In Search of Sunrise 7 Asia
Christopher Lawrence - Gatecrasher Live in Moscow
Christopher Lawrence & John 00 Fleming - Global Trance Grooves v1 Two Tribes
Oakenfold - Anthems

Dec 7, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #3,059 of 6,671
JSaliga,
Have you found the 4-track tapes to stay in their original condition better than vinyl? I like to listen to my albums a lot so I've had some wear problems on several used vinyl I've picked up from the Princeton Record Exchange. I'm hoping wear isn't that much of an issue with 4-track.

Thanks for any input,
Paul

Dec 7, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #3,060 of 6,671
1. Bonnie Prince Billy - Greatest Palace Music
2. David Byrne - Everything that happens will happen today
3. Eric Bachmann - To the Races
4. Sparklehorse - VIVADIXIESUBMARINETRANSMISSIONPLOT
5. Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny

L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back