you must keep two headphones only
Apr 24, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #226 of 262
Empyrean and Aeon 2 Noire

Apr 24, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #227 of 262
Moondrop Venus cos so beautiful and LCD2… cos so beautiful. If I could keep another it would be Philips Fidelio x2HR cos they just relax me and I don’t have to worry about the cost sitting in my head.

Apr 25, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #230 of 262
Audeze LCD-4 (home listening)
Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H9 (on the go)

Apr 28, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #233 of 262
After too many years in this hobby I have reduced my collection to HD650 and Amiron Home, both with some EQ to taste (only bass and treble depending on mood, recording and such). Both sound always great and since they are well used there is no point to sell any one of them so I keep both. They are my main headphones since 2 years.
I've still tested further headphone over the last 2 years and even though some sounded great I usually found myself grabbing the HD650 or Amiron when I wanted just the music.
I've also stopped rating headphone for detail, soundstage, micro-whatever but instead a high end headphone should sound awesome all the time, regardless of genre or production.

I also have an HD25 for mobile use and a HD600 on the shelf which I could sell eventually.

Apr 28, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #234 of 262
I’m changing my answer after getting two new arrivals this week.

Final D8000 Pro
ZMF Eikon

The D8000 Pro is the most complete headphone I’ve ever owned in the hobby. In the past four years I’ve owned 29 full size headphones and it has essentially zero compromises.

The ZMF Eikon has an immensely powerful sound, timbre to die for, incredibly punchy & dynamic and very addicting to listen to. I think it’s one of Zach’s best headphones.

May 10, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #235 of 262
I've widdled down my full size headphones collection to 2 so here is my updated post by default.

VCs because of how fun and engrossing they are, and my modded HD580s because they've never left my side for over 20 years across 7 different countries. I'll eventually be buried with them!

I do have my eyes on either the Meze Elites or Diana TCs as my next purchase tho, but I'm trying to keep to a 1x open and 1x closed headphone collection. As we all know, things can spiral...

Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #239 of 262
AirPods Pro 2
AirPods Max + it’s cable

I could cover all my needs since I require headphones for work, working out and DJing.

The AirPods Max with a cable are actually pretty fun to spin music with. I prefer passive cans but if I’m making a decision about only 2, these have it all covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back