You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #6,303 of 6,356
Not sure those pics were made by ignorant dubstep kids, or trolls.

I'm betting on ignorant dubstep kids.

As for hair, I'm letting nature take its course and bald me with little effort on my part haha. But I seriously need a haircut.... Not because I want to, but because it in fact IS getting in the way of seal.

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #6,306 of 6,356
FYI those two pics are satirical, and originated from 4chan.

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #6,307 of 6,356
Quote:
It makes me SO mad they put those damn stickers on perfectly fine sleeves. Every now and then, it leaves a dark rectangle on lighter colored albums

*Guiltily admits to working at HPB and doing that exact thing >.>*

Seriously though, it's pretty much the best job ever.  First dibs on whatever comes in, and you can borrow anything you want for a month.  It's essentially an endless supply of high-quality souce material for free.  I agree that the stickers we use on them are pretty crappy though; I have to use a little plastic sticker-remover thingy to get them off properly.  I wish we would use Borders-type stickers.  They're so heavenly to peel off and don't leave residue. 

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #6,308 of 6,356
Quote:
FYI those two pics are satirical, and originated from 4chan.

I guess sarcasm really doesn't translate well to the Internet.  Thanks for pointing this out,I was starting to get frustrated by the Troll vs. Dub-step Kids debate.  These are really well done right down to referring to records as"vinyls"
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #6,310 of 6,356
When your "thinking about a trip" is actually thoughts about which manufacturing facility for audio gear you wanna visit next

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #6,311 of 6,356
When your cans start to alter the shape of your head. Talk about clamping power.

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #6,312 of 6,356
Quote:
When your "thinking about a trip" is actually thoughts about which manufacturing facility for audio gear you wanna visit next

When you make trips to other countries specifically to pick up gear that you can't acquire in yours. 

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #6,314 of 6,356
Quote:
Every time you hear the words/phrases: Beats, Dr. Dre, apple, skull candy, fiio (well maybe not anymore), you cringe. 

U forget one...bose 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #6,315 of 6,356
Quote:
U forget one...bose 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Bose, Beats, Skullcandy, Dre. Apple makes nice sources, and FiiO makes decent budget amps.

Quote:
Jeez, that would be a lot of clamping
tongue.gif

Only thing that might be able to do that are my Vic Firth drumming cans. And those are just so I don't go deaf drumming. (Think construction site hearing protection, with speakers inside)
Quote:

When you make trips to other countries specifically to pick up gear that you can't acquire in yours. 

So happy I live in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back