You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #6,016 of 6,356
When you only have lossless music and all your friends think it's insane....but you can hear the difference

when some of your lossless music isn't your "good" lossless music, but your "good" lossless music takes up 4 times more space.....

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #6,017 of 6,356
Quote:
My start orb is called "aftersounds". Link below:

http://mustberesult.deviantart.com/art/Aftersounds-start-button-Win-7-198307648

I like to keep my superbar perfectly empty. I don't have anything pinned to it. I'm a minimalist. The background and Android inspired dock say otherwise (and rainmeter) but everything else I like to keep clean. I do plan on moving to something really simple in the future.  The 2 clocks I sort of have no reason for.

In short, I keep nothing pinned to my taskbar and start menu (since it looks cleaner).

Oh, you guys, make sure you use the correct start button for your taskbar. They have versions for small and large taskbars and also sometimes have multiple versions for different locations of the superbar (top, bottom, right, left).

Glad to know I'm not the only one that's modified their Windows 7 themes.

can't stand the glass theme that comes with Windows 7.  I tired messing with Rainmeter but it hogs resources and I never see my desktop anyway XD

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #6,019 of 6,356
When you go on a diet and try to be healthy, you remind yourself "listening to some sick gear" doesnt count as a workout.....but doing that while on a treadmill is.....

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #6,022 of 6,356
Quote:
When you only have lossless music and all your friends think it's insane....but you can hear the difference

when some of your lossless music isn't your "good" lossless music, but your "good" lossless music takes up 4 times more space.....

Excellent example of this is which bothered the crap out of me:

Florence + The Machine's "Ceremonials" Deluxe has a track "Landscape (Demo)".  In 256k iTunes Plus vs Lossless there is a huge difference and once I noticed it I pretty much irrationally/rationally wanted to have all my music in Lossless format.

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #6,023 of 6,356
I have gone so far as to re-rip all my CD's multiple times because I forgot to include a format and screw reformatting.....That's for squares. 
Quote:
Excellent example of this is which bothered the crap out of me:

Florence + The Machine's "Ceremonials" Deluxe has a track "Landscape (Demo)".  In 256k iTunes Plus vs Lossless there is a huge difference and once I noticed it I pretty much irrationally/rationally wanted to have all my music in Lossless format.

I love my lossless music. I make it a point to only use 320 kbps or 256 kbps mp3's when needed. Anything lower than that is only in my iTunes because it's a podcast. I keep my iTunes clean :)

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #6,024 of 6,356
HOLY crap. I just saw some kid wearing AKG Tiestos!

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #6,025 of 6,356
...when my family knows that I'im an audio enthusiast, and now I'm terrified that maybe they will give me beats as gifts.
devil_face.gif

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #6,026 of 6,356
I have the same fear but my parents know better than to buy me things without asking me first. Instead, I fear they will bring me a magazine ad for Beats and ask why I didnt get these over the more expensive gear I own. 
Quote:
...when my family knows that I'im an audio enthusiast, and now I'm terrified that maybe they will give me beats as gifts.
devil_face.gif

...When vinyl, gift cards to the record store, or vinyl are the only acceptable gifts on your birthday....and you got no acceptable gifts this year.

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #6,028 of 6,356
K267

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #6,030 of 6,356
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back