You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #5,298 of 6,356
I love Peachtree. Fantastic integrated amps and separates in my humble opinion. I've been using the nova as my dac as well as speaker and headphone amp. For me it is the perfect solution.

Dec 27, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #5,299 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
Does anybody have a clue how to take my music from my Mac onto my PC? I am so lost, and I need it.

Ever heard of a USB?

I tried that, but it won't work for me
frown.gif

Dec 27, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #5,303 of 6,356
Quote:
when silly kids in BF3 claim that listening to FLAC files (instead of MP3s) will drop your FPS while playing.  

Nice to know ridiculous nonsense isn't limited to the audiophile realm. 
biggrin.gif

You know you're an audiophile when every portable you own has some alternate firmware on it.

Dec 27, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #5,304 of 6,356
Quote:

Nice to know ridiculous nonsense isn't limited to the audiophile realm. 
biggrin.gif

You know you're an audiophile when every portable you own has some alternate firmware on it.

Saying "every portable you own" is audiophile enough in my book, not to mention alternate firmware.

YKYAA when you are no longer the quiet one when other audiophiles start to drop brand names, the models, and their sound signatures in relative to what amps and DACs they were paired with.

Dec 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #5,305 of 6,356
Quote:

I'm in! Rockbox on 2 iPods, and 2 Clip Zips....and I have an alternate ROM on my Samsung Galaxy 5.0. 
beerchug.gif

Dec 27, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #5,306 of 6,356
Quote:
when silly kids in BF3 claim that listening to FLAC files (instead of MP3s) will drop your FPS while playing.  

Honestly, I think that FLAC is actually more compressed then MP3, and thus more CPU-intensive to decode, leading to lower FPS.

Dec 27, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #5,309 of 6,356
Well honestly if they can notice a difference in performance by playing a FLAC file over a MP3 than they're cpu wouldn't be able to handle playing a game like BF3. Either way they won't be able to notice a performance change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back