You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #2,626 of 6,356
Quote:
When you start hating everything when the bitrate is under a thousand, and you hate almost evrything that doesn't sound the best anyway..

Silk domes made me hate all other tweeters, and now I'm probably going to end up buying a dedicated headphone amp and true audiophile headphones instead of my Crossfade LP (which EVERYONE will flame me for, even if I do use an amp)

but, uhh.. yeah, I end up hating every car sound system Iv'e ever heard, including my own. lol.

YES!!!! Silk tweeters are amazing, Energy's linup uses the silk tweeters, they are fantastic.  Supposodely aluminum is better tho, I have yet to hear aluinum tweeters however.

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #2,627 of 6,356
Last on your mind about a headphone is its looks.

Constantly adding headphones to Amazon wish list. Hypothetical budget constantly going up.

AAAAND When you consider open backed cans for public use!

Jun 11, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #2,628 of 6,356
When you start your search with a budget of $100 in mind, and end up spending $350.
When a portable record player, an external amp, and open back headphones are a reasonable portable rig.
You have trouble listening to music on your headphones because that other pair you don't own seems so much better.

Jun 11, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #2,629 of 6,356
When you start your search with a budget of $100 in mind, and end up spending $350.
When a portable record player, an external amp, external dac, and open back headphones are a reasonable portable rig.
You have trouble listening to music on your headphones because that other pair you don't own seems so much better.

Why do you use a DAC with a portable vinyl (record) player?

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #2,631 of 6,356
When your parents or spouse say they'll buy you some new gear if you do____________ (fill in the blank)

and you do it....

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #2,632 of 6,356
Then they look at the price of the gear, and hand you money saying, "Well, this is a start"
Quote:
When your parents or spouse say they'll buy you some new gear if you do____________ (fill in the blank)
and you do it....

Jun 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #2,633 of 6,356
you know you're an audiophile when you harbor a deep, festering annoyance against beats and bose users.  All it takes is 2 minutes of research to get something better, but instead these guys just let those big companies with all their fancy advertising put a 100% markup on crapty cans.  

Jun 11, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #2,634 of 6,356
Then they look at the price of the gear, and hand you money saying, "Well, this is a start"

Haha yep!

I'm in that situation now and I have about $500 available. I have the choice of some HE400's, 1964 IEM's, or a new speaker set up. I'm going with the new speaker set up since I'll use it the most and will give my the most improvement over my old system :D

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #2,636 of 6,356
Quote:

LOL, that would be funny
biggrin.gif

My thinking is, if I can hear your music, it's clearly intended for public exhibition, and as the audience it's my place to critique the poor acoustics of the sound system and express my dissatisfaction with the quality of the performance.  If you don't want me critiquing your poorly implemented low quality sound system, then don't play it for me to hear.
evil_smiley.gif

true, but the annoying part is, some audience tend to be dumber and got satisfied by the stupid bass. *cue - head bang to the time of the beat :D

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #2,638 of 6,356
Audiophiles use audio for entertainment, i thought this thread was meant for those trying to make themselves feel like less of a geek compared to everyone else. (and fail miserably at that)
Quote:
You know your an audiophile when you visit this thread for entertainment and end up pulling an all-nighter just to read all the unread posts.
popcorn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back