You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #2,431 of 6,356
I got an external terabyte drive :) 

Quote:
Re-ripping is definitely an anal-retentive, audiophile thing... and I'm doing it as well.  I just don't have the space for lossless at this time so I'm compromising at 256kbps VBR AAC.  Between that and lossless my old ears can't hear the difference.

I've also decided that I'm NEVER downloading anything I care about off of iTunes again...

Happy Birthday BTW...

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #2,432 of 6,356

Quote:
When you know that improving the sound quality through re-cabling is totally nonsense!

Audiophiles often tend to believe too much. Those snakeoil-believers should found their own church.

Non believers of cables can not be serious audiophiles.

Behead those who insult silver cables!

The Electrical theory is a lie.

Silver cable is good sound therefore non believers do not know what good sound is.

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #2,433 of 6,356

Quote:
Non believers of cables can not be serious audiophiles.

Behead those who insult silver cables!

The Electrical theory is a lie.

Silver cable is good sound therefore non believers do not know what good sound is.

Apr 8, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #2,435 of 6,356

Quote:
HAHAHAHHAAH!!! Man I love this guy! He's so freaking hilarious! I feel genuinely bad for him to have spent all that money when he could have bought a decent pair of Stax.

It was actually a borrowed set but still
blink.gif

Apr 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #2,436 of 6,356
Taken from urbandictionary:

1. audiophile 499 up, 197 down
  One who enjoys sex acts involving the ear.
After they stopped kissing, Jenny felt something touch her ear. She sighed. Why did she always end up with the audiophiles?

3. audiophile 344 up, 186 down
  Someone who usually looks at young audio equipment. And rapes it through various input and often output sockets.
"OMG an audiophile is touching my stereo!"
" Hes insertin a long jack plug in my amp!"

also note the (beware rude and NSFW language) article on encyclopediadramatica:
http://encyclopediadramatica.se/Audiophile

Apr 8, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #2,437 of 6,356

Quote:
I got an external terabyte drive :) 

I got three honey badgers, a mortgage and most importantly... the SAC to contend with... 
biggrin.gif

And to keep this post OT:

... when you spend two weeks scouring Craigslist for decent, used iPods for your two oldest kids and give it to them for Easter (along with a decent pair of entry-level cans), and then stay up late loading the iPods with your favorite audiophile tracks.

Apr 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #2,438 of 6,356
I love being a college student that lives at home sometimes. It definitely has its perks. 

BTW, thanks for wishing me a happy birthday, it's in two weeks, and I hope i am able to get everything in time. My hopes of burning in my CIEMs before my birthday have pretty much gone away, but I should at leave have most of everything I ordered by then

Quote:
I got three honey badgers, a mortgage and most importantly... the SAC to contend with... 
biggrin.gif

And to keep this post OT:

... when you spend two weeks scouring Craigslist for decent, used iPods for your two oldest kids and give it to them for Easter (along with a decent pair of entry-level cans), and then stay up late loading the iPods with your favorite audiophile tracks.

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #2,439 of 6,356
ES10s that bad....or is it Tyll's notoriously treble sensitive hearing? The Beats vid was even more hilarious!

LOL.....I would be seriously pissed if he pulled a similar stunt with a Grado.

Quote:
HAHAHAHHAAH!!! Man I love this guy! He's so freaking hilarious! I feel genuinely bad for him to have spent all that money when he could have bought a decent pair of Stax.

Quote:
It was actually a borrowed set but still
blink.gif

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #2,440 of 6,356

Quote:

LOL.....I would be seriously pissed if he pulled a similar stunt with a Grado.

Aha! A challenge.

Nah, I won't do that. Grados aren't out there in the public eye like Beats or SOL (I'll do their Tracks, which suck, sooner or later). I bashed the Beat because they suck and they do get them out there in front of the public.  And too many 'philes were getting suckered into the Ed10 thinking the proce indicated a good can, which it didn't. I felt the need to save peoples wallets. Most people buying Grados know what they're getting into and will often already know my take and are willing to go with their own ears, so that's fine.

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #2,442 of 6,356
Hi Tyll, love your interesting takes on headphone reviews. You gosh darn are getting me this close to jumping on the Senn HD25 bandwagon.

I love them as portable cans, but after wearing them for a day I always crave for my HD650's.
They have excellent price/performance, but are uncomfortable in the long run. Additionally mine tend to sometimes become fatiguing on high pitched sound such as cymbals and 's' sounds. Equalizing the 4KHz band down tames this effect, but it's still present.

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #2,443 of 6,356

Quote:
I love them as portable cans, but after wearing them for a day I always crave for my HD650's.
They have excellent price/performance, but are uncomfortable in the long run. Additionally mine tend to sometimes become fatiguing on high pitched sound such as cymbals and 's' sounds. Equalizing the 4KHz band down tames this effect, but it's still present.

Comfort is what's killing me here, my head is quite sensitive to clamping force.

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #2,444 of 6,356
Comfort is what's killing me here, my head is quite sensitive to clamping force.

As long as you wear them for an hour or two, they are actually quite comfortable. Clamping force is quite high, but I'm not bothered with it.
The problem is mainly when you wear them for very long.

I think they are unbeatable for portable use, but when you're gonna use them in a desktop setup I'd go with an open circumaural can.

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #2,445 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you're here in this thread and able to come up with an example.

You know you're an audiophile when your headphones cost more than someone's apartment for a year.

You know you're an audiophile when recabling a pair of headphones is being considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back