You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #1,848 of 6,356

When you intentionally put on your headphones when sitting at your desk with no intention of listening to music because you just like the way they feel on your head. 
atsmile.gif

This.
I actually find wearing an HD650 more comfortable than not wearing one.

I would never go out with it in public though. I'm to afraid of it ever getting damaged.

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #1,856 of 6,356
When you pay hundreds for copper, because you know cryo treated copper sounds so much better than the 99.99% OFC that came default on your $200-1000 headphone.

When you spend more money on headphones that cost more than the average person's monthly mortgage or rent just because it's the FOTM on Head-Fi.

When you buy a Redwine Audio just because they told you battery powered amps sound better.

When you buy Ray Samuel or TTVJ products just because it's the Head-Fi cool thing to do.

ROFL, seriously though.  You're an audiophile when you can sit down, and enjoy the music.  When the music isn't just background music as you hussle your way through a crowded street or on the subway.  It's when you appreciate the music and listen with your full attention.  It doesn't matter how much or how little you spent on your gear, it has nothing to do with your gear.  You can be an audiophile with a pair of Beats or Skullcandy.

Jan 8, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #1,857 of 6,356

Quote:

ROFL, seriously though.  You're an audiophile when you can sit down, and enjoy the music.  When the music isn't just background music as you hussle your way through a crowded street or on the subway.  It's when you appreciate the music and listen with your full attention.  It doesn't matter how much or how little you spent on your gear, it has nothing to do with your gear.  You can be an audiophile with a pair of Beats or Skullcandy.

Very well said

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #1,859 of 6,356
When you pay hundreds for copper, because you know cryo treated copper sounds so much better than the 99.99% OFC that came default on your $200-1000 headphone.

When you spend more money on headphones that cost more than the average person's monthly mortgage or rent just because it's the FOTM on Head-Fi.

When you buy a Redwine Audio just because they told you battery powered amps sound better.

When you buy Ray Samuel or TTVJ products just because it's the Head-Fi cool thing to do.

The last statement is very well said.

The ones before make you seem more like an audiophool than an audiophile, though.

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #1,860 of 6,356

Quote:
The last statement is very well said.
The ones before make you seem more like an audiophool than an audiophile, though.

That statment is not entirly correct, i have Full sound seperation attention(or whatever people call it) and i fully listen to the music while i am playing minesweeper,read books and comment on head-fi.

but it's mostly right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back