You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #1,636 of 6,356
Quote:
(Well, actually, Radio Shack at the mall sells the Vmoda M80, which would make a stinking cool gift.)

I'm glad that V-moda is putting their headphones in stores like that. All I can say is that you know you're an audiophile when you create a good headphone brand, and sell audiophile-approved cans to the common consumer.

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #1,637 of 6,356
Yeah if some thigns work out I might get myself a Maschine Mikro and some monitors to start producing.

Quote:
I had the same problem except it was me thinking i should buy something productive with my money, couldn't think of anything actually productive i could get myself so i got myself a 24" monitor, K240, and 940, in the excuse(to myself) that i could use them in the future if i ever wanted to start a home recording studio. And it is actually coming true. Just get yourself something that will last so when you are finally out, you have stuff to start with.

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #1,638 of 6,356
I haven't gotten my dad to sit down and listen before. He always just says no thanks. He likes music though but not enough to justify the price fo audiophilia which is understandable. I got my aunt to listen to my 650s out of my laptop headphone jack and thought they sounded beautiful and didn't gawk at the price (if she heard me) but said she wouldn't buy them as she just doesn't listen to music.

And music just wraps around my mind too much so I can't do music and homework.

Quote:

My dad actually thinks my audio hobby (16 here) is kind of cool. He appreciates audio a lot more than he ever has and he likes it because music helps me concentrate on my homework more. 
smile.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #1,639 of 6,356

Quote:
I haven't gotten my dad to sit down and listen before. He always just says no thanks. He likes music though but not enough to justify the price fo audiophilia which is understandable. I got my aunt to listen to my 650s out of my laptop headphone jack and thought they sounded beautiful and didn't gawk at the price (if she heard me) but said she wouldn't buy them as she just doesn't listen to music.

And music just wraps around my mind too much so I can't do music and homework.

He always used the iBuds until I showed him at the meet how good headphones could be. He came back from the HD800 and the LCD-2 completely stunned. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #1,641 of 6,356
Dec 23, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #1,642 of 6,356

Quote:
You "badly" influenced your dad. He's reached the point of no return.

Oh, he doesn't care much. He has too much on his plate to make time for high end audio. However, he is excited to got to the Seattle meet next month. 

Dec 24, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #1,643 of 6,356
When you have your head outside the bathroom window at one in the morning listening to the mariachi band play for the crowd of drunk Mexicans when you are not drunk nor a fan of the music but the sound of live drums and trumpets make you feel giddy inside.

Dec 24, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #1,644 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when it's Christmas Eve, and you're on Head-fi

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #1,646 of 6,356

He always used the iBuds until I showed him at the meet how good headphones could be. He came back from the HD800 and the LCD-2 completely stunned. :D

That's how I want to feel after I listen to hifi phones for the first time :)

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #1,649 of 6,356

Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when it's Christmas Eve, and you're on Head-fi

Win.

But seriously, in my case it's because I'm swearing at certain cd's from my favourite bands which are ripped in good quality or even lossless and they still sound awful due to cheap/bad producing. I have to take out my old bad headphones to be able to enjoy those even just a little bit. The irony of my beyers
blink.gif

Dec 24, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #1,650 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you hear people talk about John Mayer, and you immediately think "Dr. Jan Meier plays the guitar?" 
And then, a few moments later, you realize how incredibly wrong you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back