You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #1,396 of 6,356
when your idea of the perfect Christmas gift is some audio gear 
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #1,397 of 6,356
lol... whilst I agree with you, it's about the perceived value :wink: gotta talk her language. 

I don't see the value in buying expensive clothing. You can always wait for sales and refrain from buying very expensive designer clothes. Going easy on clothing can save a lot of money.

Headphones on the other hand have a very big value. You can do without expensive clothing... you can do without expensive headphone gear :D

Nov 19, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #1,398 of 6,356

Quote:
I don't see the value in buying expensive clothing. You can always wait for sales and refrain from buying very expensive designer clothes. Going easy on clothing can save a lot of money.
Headphones on the other hand have a very big value. You can do without expensive clothing... you can do without expensive headphone gear
biggrin.gif

i need both. 
tongue.gif

Nov 19, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #1,399 of 6,356

Quote:
lol... whilst I agree with you, it's about the perceived value :wink: gotta talk her language. 

Irrespective of perceived value, she can't sell her clothes and shoes for more than 10% of the original prices when she regrets it. 10% is being generous here, it's more like she can't sell them at all.

Quote:
i need both. 
tongue.gif

Need is a very strong word here. I need my parents and I need my sleep. I certainly don't need my headphones. I went without headphones for 6 whole days, and I'm still alive.

Nov 19, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #1,400 of 6,356

Quote:

Need is a very strong word here. I need my parents and I need my sleep. I certainly don't need my headphones. I went without headphones for 6 whole days, and I'm still alive.

I wouldn't say it's too stronger word, I can totally understand needing headphones.
Without music, I go off the rails, I won't do anything, I lose focus, and the desire to do things and live, turns into the desire to break stuff and be angsty. Music has more than just a monetary value, as it keeps me (and so by extension I assume others) in a sound state of mind.
this means music is necessary, and for music, a means of listening is required, headphones fill that requirement, so can be a needed item.

Nov 19, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #1,401 of 6,356

Quote:
Irrespective of perceived value, she can't sell her clothes and shoes for more than 10% of the original prices when she regrets it. 10% is being generous here, it's more like she can't sell them at all.

i actually need them.

i wouldn't last a week without my headphones. especially the grados.

Nov 20, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #1,402 of 6,356
you know you're an audiophile when you try to fit the compression of your mp3's into the compression artifacts of your speaker's voice coil.

when you try to fit the compression of your amplifier into the artifacts of your speaker's voice coil.

when you stop listening to other people's advice and try it for yourself to see if it changes.

when you know it is about that time your mind, body, and spirit are under general hypnotic influence and you lay back to relax with some music.

when you realize all of the tiny trashy speakers are sometimes better than anything you can hunt down and pay half a thousand (or a whole thousand) for.
this includes computer speakers, stock television speakers, stock vehicle radios, generic telephones, and clock radios.

here in america.. the generic telephones were WAY better than the expensive ones.
i dont know if they still do this, but they were doing it for the last 20 years.

i realize many people dropped a landline and got a cellphone.
but
if you still got a landline.. try a generic phone to see if the audio quality goes up.

Nov 20, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #1,405 of 6,356
I got into music through hi-fi equipment!
Top that!

Okay, I'm a sad person...

Nov 20, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #1,407 of 6,356

you know you are an audiophile when you start learning how to make electronic music

^ Seen Madeon's live mix yet? Link
16 year old French extraordinaire.

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #1,409 of 6,356

Quote:

hehe- yea Kingpage, I hear ya. Not only would it be she can't sell them, she wouldnt want to lol! 
It's just one of those things... while my cans will hold their value some what, she may understand that- but the initial capital I laid out is what she see's foremost :wink: 

Nov 20, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #1,410 of 6,356
When you tun around with a 3000$ portable rig, just for the sake of turning more people to "The Dark Side" xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back