You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #1,381 of 6,356

Quote:
.. when your girlfriend turns and says to you: "It's like you have a gambling problem, but it's with headphones!"

My response, "HAHAHA, I'm going to have to tell the guys on the forum that one, they'll get a kick outta that!"

Girlfriend, "OH MY GOD!"

lol

Nov 16, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #1,383 of 6,356
Ikr! God I hate that! :p

Quote:
^ I love that about this hobby.
Back when I used to build gaming rigs, you would lose most of the value of the parts within 6 months/1 year.
Was pretty depressing seeing that cutting edge 6 grand rig degenerate to "mid/hi end" after 18 months.

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #1,384 of 6,356
^ I love that about this hobby.
Back when I used to build gaming rigs, you would lose most of the value of the parts within 6 months/1 year.
Was pretty depressing seeing that cutting edge 6 grand rig degenerate to "mid/hi end" after 18 months.

That's why I don't get why people do it any case, especially considering that a performance PC of about $600 can still run most new games on high graphics.

The only thing you gain is bragging rights.

With headphones on the other hand the investment will have more or less the same value for years, yet you gain the same amount of bragging rights.

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #1,387 of 6,356

Quote:
^ what the hell is cup stacking?  I'm not as old as I feel right now, I swear.

Some sport where the aim is to stack cups in set formats like (3, 6, 3), (1, 10 ,1) etc. etc.

Tried it once, failed miserably, tried it again and nearly sent an instructor into a concussion from one of my flying cups.

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:03 AM Post #1,388 of 6,356

Quote:

Some sport where the aim is to stack cups in set formats like (3, 6, 3), (1, 10 ,1) etc. etc.

Tried it once, failed miserably, tried it again and nearly sent an instructor into a concussion from one of my flying cups.

LOL aww....

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #1,391 of 6,356
when you told your mother that you were a moderator on head fi to justify the time spent on the web looking for "audio stuff"...

Nov 18, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #1,393 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when friends on Facebook brag about how good Dr. Dre Beats are and you go on to recommend Grado, Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser 
...to which you recieve a blank "lolwut?"

...AND..

When you have to explain to your fiance why you spent money that should have gone towards the honeymoon on a set of cans... 

(though if I equate to dresses and shoes during said argument, she tends to understand somewhat) 

Nov 18, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #1,394 of 6,356
Quote:
(though if I equate to dresses and shoes during said argument, she tends to understand somewhat) 

Hardly the same; those dresses and shoes have little resale value, unless they are high-end fashion.

Nov 19, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #1,395 of 6,356

Quote:
Quote:

Hardly the same; those dresses and shoes have little resale value, unless they are high-end fashion.

lol... whilst I agree with you, it's about the perceived value :wink: gotta talk her language. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back