You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #1,006 of 6,356
Who needs a Cypher AlgoRhythm Solo, amp, a Fostex HP-P1 and another amp? I would only do that for easy switching to compare them at home, but not out and about. Just not necessary.

Quote:
When you tell your friends that after much deliberation you've finally managed to trim down your portable rig for the bus trip home

Sep 7, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #1,007 of 6,356
When you keep asking for a different car at the car rental counter until you get one with the premium sound system  
etysmile.gif

When on a trip you forget to pack a line out cable for your iPhone 3Gs, and with a 3 hour drive ahead, scour both the departure and arrival airport looking for a suitable cable, and finally throw down 30 bucks for the best 1/8" to 1/8" cable you can find in such limited circumstances knowing you'll likely never use it again...( but I did pack it as back-up in case I ever forget the LOD again...)

When you get home from said trip, the first thing you do is buy another line out cable so it never happens again!  

Sep 7, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #1,008 of 6,356

Quote:
When you keep asking for a different car at the car rental counter until you get one with the premium sound system  
etysmile.gif

When on a trip you forget pack a line out cable for your iPhone 3Gs, and with a 3 hour drive ahead, scour both the departure and arrival airport looking for a suitable cable, and throw down 30 bucks for the best 1/8" to 1/8" cable you can find in such limited circumstances knowing you'll likely never use it again...( but I did pack it as back-up in case I ever forget the LOD again...)

When you get home from said trip, the first thing you do is buy another line out cable so it never happens again!  

I was so pissed off when I got a U-Haul and saw it had a PREMIUM MONO SYSTEM

MONO

One f---ing speaker in the dash.

600 miles at 55 mph with Country in MONO

Sep 7, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #1,009 of 6,356

Quote:
I was so pissed off when I got a U-Haul and saw it had a PREMIUM MONO SYSTEM

MONO

One f---ing speaker in the dash.

600 miles at 55 mph with Country in MONO

OUCH!!
I think I might have cheated and used IEM's at that point.  Officer, really, did you expect me to listen to THAT (pointing at radio)??

Sep 7, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #1,010 of 6,356

Quote:
etysmile.gif

When on a trip you forget to pack a line out cable for your iPhone 3Gs, and with a 3 hour drive ahead, scour both the departure and arrival airport looking for a suitable cable, and finally throw down 30 bucks for the best 1/8" to 1/8" cable you can find in such limited circumstances knowing you'll likely never use it again...( but I did pack it as back-up in case I ever forget the LOD again...)

Similar story. When you pay thousands more to get the car with the amplified 8 speaker system instead of the standard UN-amplified 6 speaker with Navi, iPod/USB jack, leather seats, and a lot of other useless stuff

Sep 8, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #1,013 of 6,356
When you consider having multiple hi-fi headphones common sense.
We might not always consider this, but most plebeians consider it a waste of money to have multiple headphones for multiple genres.
They even find it nonsense to have a dedicated portable rig.

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #1,014 of 6,356
This is linked to cars:

When you mother's car comes standard with a 6 speaker stereo system. But one day you want to upgrade it.
I turned my mother's 6 speaker stock radio system into a 8 speaker Bose system I ripped out (not stolen, free) BMW.
The sound is amazing.

Sep 9, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #1,016 of 6,356
when you deliberately walk faster to keep up with somebody wearing senns to figure out which model they are.

They were 558's.

Sep 9, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #1,017 of 6,356
I always say the manufacturer and model of every headphone i see in movies and on tv out loud.
I could be watching a movie with a small group of friends and even in a really tense scene I don't have the self restraint not to blurt out, "That cop is wearing Sony MDR-V6s."

Sep 9, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #1,018 of 6,356

Quote:
This has probably been said before, but when you can't listen to older songs in your library because at the time you thought 192 kbps CBR was awesome.....time to re-rip the CD's I still have.

This..so much! I can actually hear how crappy most of my songs are on my Ipod because I downloaded them from....places and I have good headphones. I have the excuse that I was a naive middleschooler and didn't know any better and was using apple earbuds for a while.

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #1,019 of 6,356
When you can't decide between digital and analogue sound so go both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back