You know you're an audiophile when....
Jan 10, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #76 of 183
You know you're an audiophile when you can tell that mp3/aac and wma sounds like sh!t compared to lossless files. Simple.
tongue.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #77 of 183
Some more:

You're on first name terms with your local Stax dealer.

You have to drive to your local hi-fi shop because you insist on taking a bunch of headphones (or gear) with you, not just CDs.

As soon as you see someone else's rig, or a shop rig, the first thing you do is look behind it to see what cables they are using (and judge the person/shop accordingly).

Companies start sending you gear to review.

Jan 10, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #78 of 183
If you sit there wondering if you should buy the album because you worry if it's been a victim of the Loudness War.

...and feel like you might as well have bought an MP3 when you find out it is.

Jan 10, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #80 of 183
When you think flac is warmer than wav

Jan 10, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #81 of 183
I really don't care 'bout the gears. If you can tell the difference between 320Kbps mp3 and lossless in an instant, you are a true audiophile.

Jan 10, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #82 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really don't care 'bout the gears. If you can tell the difference between 320Kbps mp3 and lossless in an instant, you are a true audiophile.

Second.

Jan 10, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #83 of 183
You own several generations of the same release. Tape, vinyl, cd, sacd, digital file, laserdisc, dvd, blue-ray......[size=xx-small](make it stop)

[size=small][size=x-small]Dark Side of the Moon anyone? Hell, we have folks that have different weight vinyl copies or cd productions of the same release. [/size]

[/size] [/size]

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #85 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know you're an audiophile when you can tell that mp3/aac and wma sounds like sh!t compared to lossless files. Simple.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Both of which are impossible. A 320Kpbs MP3 or AAC file is damn near identical to a wav. Anyone who says they hear a difference is lying.

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #86 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both of which are impossible. A 320Kpbs MP3 or AAC file is damn near identical to a wav. Anyone who says they hear a difference is lying.

That's exactly my point.

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #87 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you spend a load of dosh on something that in your mind, improves the sound but the wife can't hear any difference.

Ian

this gal friend of mine, i played her some ben folds on some koss UR-40 (CRAP) then on some SR80's and she told me she cant hear any difference.

Hahahah

Thats like saying a little radio and a hifi stereo sound the same!

I guess some people just cant hear...
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #88 of 183
Quote:

That's exactly my point.

so ur sayin that true audiophiles are just suckers for overprices goodies? jokers? fibbers?

i agree.
icon10.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back