You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
May 11, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #5,221 of 6,112
YKYAAW you stop someone walking next to you on the street and ask him which model his headphones are, because you think they are the same model (Sony MDR-10R) you are getting soon! (I was supposed to have them like a month ago, but the guy had some problems to deal with.)

May 12, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #5,222 of 6,112
I don't really recommend the 10R. The bass is horrible. Bloated and out of control. All mid bass thrown everywhere.

May 12, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #5,226 of 6,112
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YKYAAW you consider taping your headphone's ear cups to your face to get a better seal.

Yeah..I've always thought of attaching a velcro strap to the AD700, which wraps around my head. But one cannot interfere with the grille of open-backed headphones. Maybe if I could drill a hole through my head, where I insert a bungie cord, which holds both ear cups to my head. Oh, well.

YKYAAW you're sick of watching big headphone companies mamby pamby, releasing only consumer level headphones.
mad.gif

May 12, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #5,228 of 6,112
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just realized that you own two amps I used to own. Haha! I'm gonna just try being happy with my Fulla until I can afford the Ragnarok and Yggdrasil.

I'm slowly moving up in the headphone world, in size and quality. It's interesting how amps/DACs get bigger the better they get. If Schiit ever makes better than the Ragnarok, it's going to be huuge.
So how do you like the Fulla vs the Schiit Stack?

May 13, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #5,229 of 6,112
So how do you like the Fulla vs the Schiit Stack?

Well, when I owned the stack, I compared to my laptop's headphone jacks and heard little to no difference between them except for really hard to drive headphones. Main difference with the Fulla is that it obviously has less power, but still enough to get plenty of volume with even 600 ohm headphones. It's much cheaper and smaller, so it's more convenient in a way.

May 13, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #5,230 of 6,112
It's just a bonus headphone I'm getting in a trade of an HD 700 for an HE-400i. Not a headphone I care about at all.
oh then I say that trade is definitely worth. Then if u don't like the 10R u could sell it for cash and get something else u like, maybe a lower priced portable can for trips.

May 13, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #5,231 of 6,112
oh then I say that trade is definitely worth. Then if u don't like the 10R u could sell it for cash and get something else u like, maybe a lower priced portable can for trips.

The trade was done like a month ago, but the guy forgot to send the second headphone. It's been frustrating having to wait a month for someone to send something to you...

I only listen to music at home. I have my favorite headphone (the Focal Spirit Professional) again now, and it's good for portable use too. I want to save up for the HIFIMAN HE1000 (which is incredibly expensive) and buy it from a friend next month.

May 13, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #5,232 of 6,112
YKYAAW you wonder how the quality of your headphones will affect your studying

AP World History exam tomorrow, yikes. Studying like crazy for the next few hours, someone ban me from Head-Fi for the night 
tongue.gif

May 13, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #5,235 of 6,112
YKYAAW- Sorry, this post could not be completed due to bannage. But you know you're an audiophile when you get banned due to your love of music affecting your studying.

What suggestion did you make a headphone company implement, Alchemist? Producing a Beats line that doesn't suck? (Just kidding, of course. Don't want to turn this into a Beats Bashing Thread(tm).)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back