You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Nov 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #1,336 of 6,112
  Time for a self reflection; audiophiles *might* not be likable/lovable at some places ...

http://www.skratchlounge.com/index.php?/topic/8464-has-anyone-done-a-carbon-fiber-turntable-platter-rubber-mats/

lmao it's funny listening to un informed people talking about stuff they have no ideas about.  Just like the very few muslim extremests make the "Muslims are terrorists" Stereotype, the people that buy $10,000 cables makes the "audiophiles are people that spend a schiit ton of cash on stupid things" stereotype.

Nov 8, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #1,337 of 6,112
  lmao it's funny listening to un informed people talking about stuff they have no ideas about.  Just like the very few muslim extremests make the "Muslims are terrorists" Stereotype, the people that buy $10,000 cables makes the "audiophiles are people that spend a schiit ton of cash on stupid things" stereotype.

You see, though.. I bet a bunch of us would love to buy $10000 cables if we could afford them easily. 

Maybe it's just me, though. 

Nov 8, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #1,338 of 6,112
YKYAA when the people coming out of an assembly for Veterans after hearing the band play say "Wow the acoustics in there are terrible" and that brings a smile to your face, and then the other kid replies "Yeah I know you can hear when they make every mistake" And the smile vanishes from your face.

Nov 9, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #1,340 of 6,112
Sad, but it happens to me. You know you're an audiophile when you would rather sit at home listening to your gear than hanging out with friends on a Friday night during a 3-day weekend. >.>

Currently doing it here 
k701smile.gif

Deliberately getting some sleep on Friday evening so I can stay up on the night, where the electricity is at its cleanest to listen to my gear. 

Wake up early in the morning the next day to make a cup of tea and listen for some more.

Nov 9, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #1,341 of 6,112
Currently doing it here :k701smile:

Deliberately getting some sleep on Friday evening so I can stay up on the night, where the electricity is at its cleanest to listen to my gear. 

Wake up early in the morning the next day to make a cup of tea and listen for some more.

I do that in the afternoon when my parent is taking a nap xD

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #1,342 of 6,112
Woah, that is just nuts. In a good way :wink:

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #1,343 of 6,112
Today while getting dressed to head out, I spent a few minutes trying on different hats and toques because I noticed that music from my speakers sounded different. Not only do I mod headphones, but now I am pondering modding my headwear for optimal sonic enjoyment...
blink.gif

Nov 9, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #1,344 of 6,112
In the cinema without earplugs... It seems pretty bad, the cinema I usually go to understand not blasting that volume. This one is definitely too loud! Too much bass and treble as well. Claps and stuff makes me cringe

Nov 9, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #1,347 of 6,112

He looks like he's going to have an audiogasm soon - perfectly reasonable because it's the Abyss after all :dt880smile:  

That's what I thought Tyll was doing in this video.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L34S4Tt1EuQ[/VIDEO]

Turns out it was probably the complete opposite. Maybe that guy is experiencing the same thing with the Abyssmal headphone.

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #1,348 of 6,112
That's what I thought Tyll was doing in this video.
Maybe that guy is experiencing the same thing with the Abyssmal headphone.

That's such a schiiiiiiiit pair of cans, only [audiophiles] spend 5k on something which looks like a medieval torture device!

Nov 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #1,349 of 6,112
Has anybody experienced dolby atmos? Just saw gravity with dolby atmos. It is pretty nice, albeit not outstanding but still with some very nice sound effects...

Nov 9, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #1,350 of 6,112
  He looks like he's going to have an audiogasm soon - perfectly reasonable because it's the Abyss after all 
dt880smile.png

He's actually a good friend of mine, and at that time listening to Incubus. He was loving every second of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back