You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Nov 9, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #1,351 of 6,112
In the cinema without earplugs... It seems pretty bad, the cinema I usually go to understand not blasting that volume. This one is definitely too loud! Too much bass and treble as well. Claps and stuff makes me cringe

There's only 3 cinema in my district... but only one of it that I am willing to go to! One of it's speakers sound purely explosive and there's no surround feeling at all? The one I always go to sound excellent! Perfect for movies!

YKYAAW you choose which cinema to go to by judging their speakers SQ xD

Nov 9, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #1,352 of 6,112
There's only 3 cinema in my district... but only one of it that I am willing to go to! One of it's speakers sound purely explosive and there's no surround feeling at all? The one I always go to sound excellent! Perfect for movies!

YKYAAW you choose which cinema to go to by judging their speakers SQ xD

In my town are like 5 Malls evryone with about 10 Cinemas.

YKYAAW you choose which cinema to go to by judging their speakers and look where is the best place to sit and enjoy the music

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #1,353 of 6,112
You know you're an audiophile when you're skeptical about non-audio related comparisons and think "did you do an ABX or blind test?"
i.e. Pepsi vs Coca-Cola, grass-fed cattle vs grain-fed, etc.

[rule]
You know you're an audiophile when you only call headphones by their model name and someone asks you what that is.
i.e. What's the LCD-2? Liquid Crystal Display?

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #1,354 of 6,112
YKYAA when the money you've spent on dedicated audio equipment magically multiplies by more than 8 times in 6 months.

Nov 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #1,355 of 6,112
In my town are like 5 Malls evryone with about 10 Cinemas.

YKYAAW you choose which cinema to go to by judging their speakers and look where is the best place to sit and enjoy the music

Yes yes yes! The best sit to my experience for movies in cinema is in the middle... That way you can get the true surround and the worse to me is the very corner... Oh wow the surround is near useless at this point to me...

Yyou know you're a LAZY audiophile when you are too lazy to switch on your desktop for a full desktop audio set-up (using a desktop ->higher end amplifier/DAC) so you just use your iPhone connect to a random portable amplifier :p

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #1,358 of 6,112
Nobody knows Dolby atmos? It's actually quite cool.

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #1,359 of 6,112
Nobody knows Dolby atmos? It's actually quite cool.

Meh, I know Atmos and it's a nice system, especially when you see IMAX films with it, but this is a headphone forum...

Though, I do wonder what people are thinking about 22.2 surround sound and its 'home' applications (it's the sound standard for UHD if you're wondering)
It would be the solution and question for Dolby who as they say want to see Atmos in home cinemas somehow, probably via this nutty 22.2 setup.

I mean, just the placement would be difficult, let alone purchasing that many 'good' speakers, but you would probably only do it for your dedicated home theatre room and if you're building a house around it, you can probably splash the cash.

Tee hee, 22.2 surround system with B&W Diamonds might just be something i'd pay to see!

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #1,360 of 6,112
Those who made the film gravity did a cool job with the sound with Dolby atmos

Nov 10, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #1,361 of 6,112
Nov 10, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #1,362 of 6,112
YKYAA when the money you've spent on dedicated audio equipment magically multiplies by more than 8 times in 6 months.

You know you're an audiophile when you're so used to spending $xxx on something and anything less seems trivial to you. $5 for 4 bottles of overpriced Starbuck's frappuccinos? Meh, that's like pocket change compared to the $600 on my last audio purchase. >.>

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #1,363 of 6,112
You know you're an audiophile when you're so used to spending $xxx on something and anything less seems trivial to you. $5 for 4 bottles of overpriced Starbuck's frappuccinos? Meh, that's like pocket change compared to the $600 on my last audio purchase. >.>

Most definitely true.

Nov 11, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #1,365 of 6,112
You know you're an audiophile when you want to know how exactly frequency spectrograms work (Fast Fourier Transform) and you pull out your digital signal processing textbook.

You know you're an audiophile when upon doing that you come across a thread on Head-Fi about somewhat related things.

You know you're an audiophile when that thread leads you to this website and you feel enlightened after reading it.
http://xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back