You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Jun 3, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #5,461 of 6,112
  You haffn't seen this review, silly? http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-m50x/reviews/13152
Most studio monitors may be tuned a little weirdly, but they are very tweakable!
The M50X's THD is great, as are its square waves, at least when it comes to having a closed back. Just compare it to the NAD Viso HP50 or Focal Spirit Professional, which cost twice as much. It is good for the price!

Um, read the edits in my post that you quoted, yet must have removed from the quote. I linked to the review on that guy's website. It's basically the same review.

I'm assuming you remember that I owned two Focal Spirit Professionals.

Jun 3, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #5,462 of 6,112
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um, read the edits in my post that you quoted, yet must have removed from the quote. I linked to the review on that guy's website. It's basically the same review. I'm assuming you remember that I owned two Focal Spirit Professionals.

Hey, what do you know, lol. You posted, like, the same review o.o. That's a coincidence. I replied too hastily.
What did you think of the Focal Spirit Professional vs the HP50?

Jun 3, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #5,464 of 6,112
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never heard the HP50. Look on my profile to see gear I have, used to have, and want to have.

Ohh, haha. I used ctrl+f to find the HP50 and thought it was on your "had" list. There are so many cans listed! o.o

Jun 3, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #5,465 of 6,112
  Ohh, haha. I used ctrl+f to find the HP50 and thought it was on your "had" list. There are so many cans listed! o.o

YKYAAW your cans list is so large that people get confused.
cool.gif

Jun 3, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #5,467 of 6,112
YKYAAW you check Head-Fi.org several times a day looking for more ways to spend your money!

I find it interesting how most gear I list for sale ends up selling within hours or days...yet the two headphones in my signature right now are just not selling...

...Didn't you and I talk about the M50xBL recently? Because I bought it today.

Also, I live very close to you. hehe

Jun 3, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #5,468 of 6,112
I find it interesting how most gear I list for sale ends up selling within hours or days...yet the two headphones in my signature right now are just not selling...

...Didn't you and I talk about the M50xBL recently? Because I bought it today.

Also, I live very close to you. hehe

You do? Were you at the meet in Ann Arbor a couple months ago? I love my ATH-M50xBLs. I just acquired some Senn HD650s and love them even more.

You sure do sell a lot of stuff. Lol. I was going to buy your Fulla but it was gone when I finally decided to PM you. I'm going to get the Schiit Mani and Loki next.

How do you like your new headphones so far?

Jun 3, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #5,469 of 6,112
You do? Were you at the meet in Ann Arbor a couple months ago? I love my ATH-M50xBLs. I just acquired some Senn HD650s and love them even more.

You sure do sell a lot of stuff. Lol. I was going to buy your Fulla but it was gone when I finally decided to PM you. I'm going to get the Schiit Mani and Loki next.

How do you like your new headphones so far?

I don't go to meets, though I am planning a private get-together with a few members. I live in Ann Arbor, actually.

Yeah, I owned the HD 650 before. Sounds very nice, but was a little too dark for me. Too bad I didn't know about that calibration software back then! I could have made it sound more accurate.

Which new headphones? haha. I won't receive the ATH until Saturday.

Jun 3, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #5,470 of 6,112
I don't go to meets, though I am planning a private get-together with a few members. I live in Ann Arbor, actually.

Yeah, I owned the HD 650 before. Sounds very nice, but was a little too dark for me. Too bad I didn't know about that calibration software back then! I could have made it sound more accurate.

Which new headphones? haha. I won't receive the ATH until Saturday.

I was talking about the ATH. Lol. I actually picked mine up at Guitar Center. I'm in Sterling Heights. I have a friend who has the HD 800s. They sound better than the 650s but I don't have $1100 right now for that!

Jun 3, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #5,471 of 6,112
I was talking about the ATH. Lol. I actually picked mine up at Guitar Center. I'm in Sterling Heights. I have a friend who has the HD 800s. They sound better than the 650s but I don't have $1100 right now for that!

My best friend owns an HD 800 and likes it more than the Abyss. He's actually the person who started the Abyss impressions thread. We didn't realize until last month that we have the same birthday! Anyway, I know I keep saying this, but in case you haven't, look at the "used to own" section on my profile. Most of that is just from the past six months. I buy too much stuff...

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #5,472 of 6,112
My best friend owns an HD 800 and likes it more than the Abyss. He's actually the person who started the Abyss impressions thread. We didn't realize until last month that we have the same birthday! Anyway, I know I keep saying this, but in case you haven't, look at the "used to own" section on my profile. Most of that is just from the past six months. I buy too much stuff...

I just looked at your profile. Damn. Lol. I was thinking that my collection of 8 headphones was a lot. I'm trying not to spend so much but it's hard to resist, especially when people on here sell for good prices. Maybe an HD800 in my future. Along with a Ragnarock and Yggdrasil. An LCD-X would be nice too. And a Pro-ject Carbon Debut Turntable. Ha.

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #5,473 of 6,112
I just looked at your profile. Damn. Lol. I was thinking that my collection of 8 headphones was a lot. I'm trying not to spend so much but it's hard to resist, especially when people on here sell for good prices. Maybe an HD800 in my future. Along with a Ragnarock and Yggdrasil. An LCD-X would be nice too. And a Pro-ject Carbon Debut Turntable. Ha.

Just keep in mind that the bottom part is merely a wish list.

I would love to own the Ragnarok and Yggdrasil...but I'm thinking I may focus on electrostatic systems soon, in which case I wouldn't need the Ragnarok.

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #5,475 of 6,112
Wow. I just added up the full value of all the headphones I have owned...and it's something like $5,000. :eek:

(That's going with original MSRPs, though, not actual prices paid. But still!)

That's why this is a very expensive hobby! But, compared to other endeavors, it's relatively cheap. I have a friend who just dropped $4000 for a fishing excursion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back