You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Jun 2, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #5,431 of 6,112
When you interrupt someone to ask them to speak in 24-bit.

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #5,432 of 6,112
YKYAAW you wonder how a headphone hostage situation would play out.

*ring ring* "We have your headphones..."
ph34r.gif

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #5,433 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you wonder how a headphone hostage situation would play out.
*ring ring* "We have your headphones..."
ph34r.gif

"Please, don't hurt them! I-I'll give you anything you want! My paycheck, my first-born child! Anything, please, just don't hurt my headphones!"

YKYAAW you wonder if your headphones would sound different if you were in different postitions

Would laying on the floor with my feet on my bed cause a SQ increase? 
tongue.gif

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #5,434 of 6,112
  "Please, don't hurt them! I-I'll give you anything you want! My paycheck, my first-born child! Anything, please, just don't hurt my headphones!"

YKYAAW you wonder if your headphones would sound different if you were in different postitions

Would laying on the floor with my feet on my bed cause a SQ increase? 
tongue.gif

I knew someone would say "Please don't hurt my headphones." lol. That's the most obvious thing.

Moving my ears to the front of the ear pads of the Yamaha HPH-MT220 dramatically improved the sound quality. It's mostly about where your ears are in the pads. Experiment with various headphones. Some don't have much wiggle room, others have plenty.

Jun 2, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #5,435 of 6,112

I knew someone would say "Please don't hurt my headphones." lol. That's the most obvious thing.

reddit.com/r/writingprompts

Could totally see your question as a reddit writing prompt 
biggrin.gif

YKYAAW you only grab the lossless rips from your dad's computer

He had an awesome 80s New Wave variety CD!

Jun 2, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #5,436 of 6,112
YKYAAW it pains you to see so many people in the street wearing Beats and Apple iPod Earphones. I kind of want to just stand in the middle of the street and scream, "Wake up! What is wrong with you people? Your headphones suck! Go to Head-Fi.org to learn about quality headphones!"

"But they have no bass..."

Jun 2, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #5,438 of 6,112
Originally Posted by TRapz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, yeah, I wanna try every position with my headphones..because I'm an audiophile
cool.gif

Originally Posted by DonutDeflector /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"But they have no bass..."

This is what the ibud listeners will say.

Originally Posted by DonutDeflector /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YKYAAW you conflict against getting an Amp/DAC or another pair of headphones. Every day.

The headphone I want always changes. X2! No, HE-400. No, HD650. Back to the X2! But HE-400 has more linear bass! But I want moar soundstage!

YKYAAW you talk to your real-life non-audiophile friends about things that go on in your headphone forum. My friend asked me today, "How did the fight on your headphone forum go?" X3

Jun 2, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #5,439 of 6,112
YKYAAW you conflict against getting an Amp/DAC or another pair of headphones. Every day.

Upgrading your headphones is almost always the best decision. Most headphones don't even need an amp, and a DAC should be one of the last things you worry about. Those things should come after you find the best headphones for you.

Jun 2, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #5,440 of 6,112
Upgrading your headphones is almost always the best decision. Most headphones don't even need an amp, and a DAC should be one of the last things you worry about. Those things should come after you find the best headphones for you.

Makes sense. iBuds run off a Schiit stack will still sound like Schiit.

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #5,443 of 6,112
[quote="Music]

YKYAAW you recognize literally every single new poster to this thread. :D

(Unless, of course, you posted here a long time ago and I either didn't see it or forgot. lol)
[/quote]

Nope XD. But seriously, I almost got to see a UE6000, but other than that, the best headphones I've seen other than my own is the Superlux668B (only because I recommended them) and the HD380. I'm not Shure if there are any audiophiliac parents anywhere around, but it's a bit disappointing when I outclass everyone I've seen by so much.

Jun 3, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #5,444 of 6,112
Nope XD. But seriously, I almost got to see a UE6000, but other than that, the best headphones I've seen other than my own is the Superlux668B (only because I recommended them) and the HD380. I'm not Shure if there are any audiophiliac parents anywhere around, but it's a bit disappointing when I outclass everyone I've seen by so much.

YKYAAW the headphones you bought in the past month alone far outclass all the headphones listed above. 
cool.gif
(See profile.)

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #5,445 of 6,112
[quote="Music]

YKYAAW the headphones you bought in the past month alone far outclass all the headphones listed above. :cool: (See profile.)
[/quote]

It says you have the MRD7506, V-Moda LP, and the Ultimate Ears 350.
Not sure about the 350, but I'm fairly Shure that the 668B and the UE6000 (just look at the graphs of that thing on passive) beat the LP and the 7506, though that's just measurement-wise. I've heard the V-6 irl (virtually the same thing as the 7506), and I actually preferred the sound of the 668B. Haven't heard the LP, but I've seen some pretty bad claims against it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back