You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Feb 1, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #4,171 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you have achieved 10GB of audio files on your PC! (PARTY) 

What file type do you use?

And not to brag, but, 28GB here 
cool.gif

I was thinking lately that I should probably move into a house and get a security system and property insurance before getting ultra-high-end audio gear.

YKYAAW you plan to buy a house....to protect your audio gear (which costs more?
blink.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #4,173 of 6,112
YKYAAW you go on Head-Fi instead of focusing on the Super Bowl halftime show (YKYAMLW you don't focus on the halftime show because you dislike the performer (but Lenny you rock!)). 

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #4,174 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you go on Head-Fi instead of focusing on the Super Bowl halftime show (YKYAMLW you don't focus on the halftime show because you dislike the performer (but Lenny you rock!)). 

YKYAAW you're too busy listening to music to even know that the Super Bowl was going on right now.

I performed at the halftime show of the 2002 FedEx Orange Bowl in Miami with Enrique Iglesias and Bow Wow. (I was only in the band, though, not one of the superstars.)

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #4,175 of 6,112

I performed at the halftime show of the 2002 FedEx Orange Bowl in Miami with Enrique Iglesias and Bow Wow. (I was only in the band, though, not one of the superstars.)

That's incredible! While I don't listen to his music, Iglesias is a talented singer.

Are you sure you weren't one of the superstars? Based on the fact that you can just decide to buy a house for your audio gear... 
tongue.gif

YKYAAW you want to make sure you get a good job later in life, in order to afford audio gear (okay, not just for that, but I would enjoy being able to get some nice stuff later)

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #4,176 of 6,112
  That's incredible! While I don't listen to his music, Iglesias is a talented singer.

Are you sure you weren't one of the superstars? Based on the fact that you can just decide to buy a house for your audio gear... 
tongue.gif

YKYAAW you want to make sure you get a good job later in life, in order to afford audio gear (okay, not just for that, but I would enjoy being able to get some nice stuff later)

No, I meant that by the time I can afford the really high-end stuff, I should move into a house (I would just rent it, not buy it) first.

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #4,177 of 6,112

No, I meant that by the time I can afford the really high-end stuff, I should move into a house (I would just rent it, not buy it) first.

I know you didn't mean you'd actually just buy a house because of your audio gear 
tongue.gif
 But some of the other people on this site, I'm not so sure about...

YKYAAW every piece of audio gear you use MUST be of at least beginner's audiophile quality, so you start looking at DAC/Amps, audiophile gaming headsets, and better receivers

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #4,178 of 6,112
You aren't bragging until you trek into terabyte territory, my friend. :bigsmile_face:

I just checked to see how large my main Music folder is: 1.96 TB. (That's 1,960 GB!)

All my CDs should be just a hair over 1/2tb. Too bad I keep loosing my data to faulty drives.
Ykyaaw you critique your buddies car radio. I'll tell you what, he might have one of the cleanest subwoofer setups I've heard. No trunk rattle, tight impactful bass. Too bad real cars don't have stereos, I'd have him hook me up

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #4,180 of 6,112
  YKYAAW

you just found out @BillsonChang007 got into audio at 13!

Someone who got into audio relatively young, like me! :)

Waddup! 
beerchug.gif

While I start at 13, but my 13 year old rig wasn't as impressive as yours 
biggrin.gif
 It was just a iPod Nano 3rd to Incase Pivot haha 

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #4,184 of 6,112

According to someone I know who is pretty knowledgeable, no one has ever been able to prove that they can distinguish between lossless and 256 kbps AAC.

I'll haven't done a blind test, but I just prefer to keep everything in lossless; you have exact copies of your CDs, so if you lose them, you don't lose any of the data that was on them. Plus, unless you don't have enough storage, why not go for lossless?*

*Though I do agree, I doubt I could hear much difference, especially on my set up

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #4,185 of 6,112
lossless is the way to go for me too... this is because all lossy files have sort of incompatibility issues with certain players, like fiio could not play mp3s right in the first firmwares...

lossless is always better, it puts less strain on the processor and DAC, and it is unbeatable when it comes to pure quality!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back