You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Feb 1, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #4,156 of 6,112

Not sure which model you tried at the time, but some Beats models (and revisions of the same model) are significantly better than others. (Not that I would ever buy Beats.)

The new-est most expensive ones... i did not ask of name because i was more curious than considering actually buying. my experience was exactly like that, and someone that was with me had exactly the same opinion.

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #4,158 of 6,112
YKYAAW you have a longer list for audio hobby than for the rest of hobbies combined!

YKYAAW you look through a magazine relating to one of your other hobbies (collecting coins) and think "Who would spend $200 on that?" then realize you're surrounded by more than $500 of audio gear...

Does anyone else not realize how much this stuff adds up? Everything I have is around or under the $100 range, but I've spent more than $500 altogether, in under a year. That's not even including CDs. It all seems (relatively) cheap, but once you add everything up, it seems pretty crazy.

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #4,159 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you look through a magazine relating to one of your other hobbies (collecting coins) and think "Who would spend $200 on that?" then realize you're surrounded by more than $500 of audio gear...

Does anyone else not realize how much this stuff adds up? Everything I have is around or under the $100 range, but I've spent more than $500 altogether, in under a year. That's not even including CDs. It all seems (relatively) cheap, but once you add everything up, it seems pretty crazy.

The total value of all the audio gear I've gotten so far is...*gets calculator*...over $5,000, depending on what you count, but still not counting musical instruments and my music collection.

I plan on spending at least twice that amount in the next year.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #4,161 of 6,112
http://www.beatsbydre.com/headphones/pro/beats-pro.html 

these ones...

they were the only alavaible...

overall, as i said less clear, more muffled, less soundstage, and less bass than ie8

so, @Music Alchemist you were actually kicked off that thread which turned about differences in DACs?...

Asking here, and not even a side joke 

YKYAAW you actually can hear differences between different DACs

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #4,162 of 6,112
  so, @Music Alchemist you were actually kicked off that thread which turned about differences in DACs?...

Asking here, and not even a side joke 

I'm the person who started the "Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats."" thread.

And no. I just don't want to waste my time on Sound Science anymore.

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #4,163 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you dream of a place where you can use iTunes gift cards to buy CDs

YKYAAW you wish the empty lot near your house was going to become something more useful than a dollar store, like a CD store

Actually the dollar store can be useful!

You can buys some Command hooks to hang up your headphones, get some Velcro straps to manage some cables, etc.

But if you don't want any of that, than the dollar store is now poop.

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #4,164 of 6,112
  Actually the dollar store can be useful!

You can buys some Command hooks to hang up your headphones, get some Velcro straps to manage some cables, etc.

But if you don't want any of that, than the dollar store is now poop.

At some dollar stores, you can buy affordable groceries to fuel your body to fuel your headphone listening.
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #4,165 of 6,112

Everything does add up...
I'm young so my parents buy (some) of my audio gear and I pitch in some money (needless information).

In total, all audio related stuff is....
~ $320.

Seeing as this is spread over 2 years I can see myself getting more and more expensive toys. And then I will be like @Music Alchemist.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I just hope no one robs the house. At least there would be no instant Beats recognition...

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #4,166 of 6,112
  Everything does add up...
I'm young so my parents buy (some) of my audio gear and I pitch in some money (needless information).

In total, all audio related stuff is....
~ $320.

Seeing as this is spread over 2 years I can see myself getting more and more expensive toys. And then I will be like @Music Alchemist.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I just hope no one robs the house. At least there would be no instant Beats recognition...

I was thinking lately that I should probably move into a house and get a security system and property insurance before getting ultra-high-end audio gear.

At the moment, I'm looking at the Sennheiser HD 650 because I may have enough to get it soon, either $300 new from here or used from private sellers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back