You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Jan 10, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #3,811 of 6,112
Does anyone know if the Schiit Magni 2 has a gain switch on it? I would very much like to buy the Modi2/Magni2 but the headphones I would be using would be efficient and have about 35-40 ohms... I don't want it to be too powerful as that would be really annoying to use. 

Jan 10, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #3,812 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you wonder if the CD drive on your newer laptop (Asus ROG G750) will provide better CD rips than your spare desktop computer (old like 2008 Dell. Came with XP, I upgraded it to 7 by myself). Will they sound the same? I'd rather use my desktop but if my laptop would have better rips then.....

If there is nothing wrong the drive, it should be exactly the same. If you use a program like dBpoweramp or Exact Audio Copy, you can program it to check the AccurateRip database to verify that the data from each rip is identical to rips by others.

Does anyone know if the Schiit Magni 2 has a gain switch on it? I would very much like to buy the Modi2/Magni2 but the headphones I would be using would be efficient and have about 35-40 ohms... I don't want it to be too powerful as that would be really annoying to use. 

Yes, both the Magni 2 and Magni 2 Uber have a gain switch.

This very moment, I'm using the Magni 2 Uber on high gain with my QC15, which already has a built-in amp! It still sounds much better out of my Schiit stack, probably more from the DAC than the amp.

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #3,813 of 6,112
YKYAAW you go to the mall to go the audio store

YKYAAW the audio store you go to is out of business 
frown.gif

Sound Lion at The Rockingham Mall in Salem, NH, is no longer there, sadly. I wanted to try some of their stuff with my new X1. I didn't even get to try the HD558 at the Best Buy nearby because their headphone wall thing was just moved and wasn't working. The day was saved, however, by getting 4 CDs and watching the EPIC Pats vs. Ravens game at a Chunky's theater.

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #3,814 of 6,112

YKYAAW the audio store you go to is out of business :frowning2:

Sound Lion at The Rockingham Mall in Salem, NH, is no longer there, sadly. I wanted to try some of their stuff with my new X1. I didn't even get to try the HD558 at the Best Buy nearby because their headphone wall thing was just moved and wasn't working. The day was saved, however, by getting 4 CDs and watching the EPIC Pats vs. Ravens game at a Chunky's theater.

There's only one audio store in like my entire state and it isn't even that good. Its about an hour away I think. I haven't been but would love to go.

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #3,815 of 6,112
I didn't even get to try the HD558 at the Best Buy nearby because their headphone wall thing was just moved and wasn't working.

I heard the HD 558 recently along with half a dozen or so other headphones in the $100-$300 range. Despite being the most affordable, the HD 558 sounded far better than all the others. That being said, I still like my QC15 more.

Jan 11, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #3,816 of 6,112

I heard the HD 558 recently along with half a dozen or so other headphones in the $100-$300 range. Despite being the most affordable, the HD 558 sounded far better than all the others. That being said, I still like my QC15 more.

Is... is that you? Brother from another... thread, I guess. Long time no anime... converse. I don't think that's correct, but I'm sticking with it because I'm really tired.

YKYAAW you rave at somebody who works at the post office about how excited you are to try out your new Little Dot, and they eventually have to ask you to leave because you've been rambling at them for almost an hour.

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #3,820 of 6,112
There's at least some sort of audio store in every 50k+ population city where I live. The quality and selection can be questionable, though. Especially as there are 2 chains that sell audio goods. They kinda dominate the market.

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #3,822 of 6,112

YKYAAW the audio store you go to is out of business :frowning2:

I was sad to see Sound Lion go! It was replaced with a toy store!

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #3,825 of 6,112

"Or best offer" doesn't mean you can get it for the highest low bid; it means you can make an offer, and if the seller accepts it, it's a deal.

Yeah but, see, you said if nobody wants it you'll keep it. But me and him want it, so I'll bid $2! 
biggrin.gif

I was sad to see Sound Lion go! It was replaced with a toy store!

In the Rockingham Mall it was replaced by some sign shop (why would anyone need a novelty sign shop..?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back