You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Jan 9, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #3,796 of 6,112
YKYAAW you have $1.50 left on a reward card after buying a dual headphone stand and are brainstorming $1.50 audio-related purchases.

Ideas, anyone?

(Note: If it's a physical item, it must qualify for Amazon Prime shipping; otherwise, I can't get it.)

Edit: Ooh, I have a great idea! I could join a $1 trial to...something.

Or a backup for your backup backups' backups' backup 1/8" to 1/4" adapter.
Just in case y'know? Gotta be prepared.

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #3,797 of 6,112
Or a backup for your backup backups' backups' backup 1/8" to 1/4" adapter.
Just in case y'know? Gotta be prepared.

A backup adapter? I have plenty of those already.

I'm thinking a free trial to Spotify Premium or Rhapsody Premier could be entertaining. Looks like they even have downloads.

Edit: OMG. Rhapsody Premier lets you download every single song out of their 30 million+ catalog! Granted, they are 160 kbps protected WMA files, but since I got a 30 day free trial, this is still pretty sweet.

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #3,804 of 6,112
  extension 3.5-3.5?
a case for your audio source?
tips for iems?

Already got it; rarely use it.

Look at my signature. My audio source is gigantic. lol

My IEMs already have tons of tips, and I never use them either. In fact, I plan on giving them away. They were originally $50 or $60, but now only worth $10. =/

Jan 10, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #3,805 of 6,112
YKYAAW the S/PDIF output on a laptop you're looking at is an attractive feature

Looking at the Lenovo Y40; Core i5, 500GB + 8GB SSHD, 8GB RAM and an AMD Radeon R9 M275. It's got an S/PDIF output, which is really cool; I might be able to get a DAC for it without using up a USB port. Does anyone know of any cheaper DACs that can use S/PDIF?

Schiit bitfrost. I'd love to get one but USB is an extra 100$ so I'm probably not.

Jan 10, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #3,806 of 6,112
YKYAAW the S/PDIF output on a laptop you're looking at is an attractive feature

Looking at the Lenovo Y40; Core i5, 500GB + 8GB SSHD, 8GB RAM and an AMD Radeon R9 M275. It's got an S/PDIF output, which is really cool; I might be able to get a DAC for it without using up a USB port. Does anyone know of any cheaper DACs that can use S/PDIF?

Or the Modi 2 optical

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #3,807 of 6,112
YKYAAW you have $1.50 left on a reward card after buying a dual headphone stand and are brainstorming $1.50 audio-related purchases.

Ideas, anyone?

(Note: If it's a physical item, it must qualify for Amazon Prime shipping; otherwise, I can't get it.)

Edit: Ooh, I have a great idea! I could join a $1 trial to...something.

But some crappy earbuds and have your friends see if they can hear the difference from that and "real" audio gear.

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #3,808 of 6,112
But some crappy earbuds and have your friends see if they can hear the difference from that and "real" audio gear.

YKYAAW you have no friends to see if they can hear the difference from that and "real" audio gear.
tongue.gif

I wanted to get something that benefits me, though.

Jan 10, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #3,810 of 6,112
YKYAAW you wonder if the CD drive on your newer laptop (Asus ROG G750) will provide better CD rips than your spare desktop computer (old like 2008 Dell. Came with XP, I upgraded it to 7 by myself). Will they sound the same? I'd rather use my desktop but if my laptop would have better rips then.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back