You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Dec 30, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #3,616 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you have a two page long list of CDs you want to buy 
biggrin.gif

Main reason I wanted the 128GB is so I wouldn't have to worry in the future when I get more CDs, though I probably will put some single songs on the FiiO (don't exactly need Skee-Lo's whole "I Wish" album... [YKYAAW you buy full CDs for a single song in CD quality]) to have a bit more space; I have a few albums I only really bought for one or two songs

My CD wish list has hundreds (possibly thousands) of albums on it. Just this one artist's discography is gigantic!

CDs can add up, though, both in terms of money and hard drive space. I kind of regret getting thousands of albums years ago now that I know I could have gotten at least a few TOTL audio systems instead.

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #3,617 of 6,112
Man, now I'm reminded of the time I met a female cashier at Best Buy who liked lots of the metal bands I do...I regret not at least becoming friends with her. Another girl I went to high school with also likes metal and tons of other things I like, such as video games, but we live a thousand miles away from each other now.

In any case, it should be easy enough to show someone the benefits of high fidelity audio gear: just let them listen!
my gf is pretty interested in high audio after i told her about it.

Dec 30, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #3,619 of 6,112
my gf is pretty interested in high audio after i told her about it.

All you did was tell her about it? Didn't even let her listen yet?
biggrin.gif

lol. Another girl (who I've known for over a decade and is now a flight attendant who met Ashlee Simpson recently) thinks I'm crazy for being interested in headphones that cost thousands of dollars, but is also very intrigued at the prospect of hearing music as it was intended. On a related note, I showed her a picture of the V-MODA Crossfade M-100. She said they were way too big. (In person, those things are much tinier than I expected.) I guess she only uses earphones...

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #3,620 of 6,112
All you did was tell her about it? Didn't even let her listen yet? :D

lol. Another girl (who I've known for over a decade and is now a flight attendant who met Ashlee Simpson recently) thinks I'm crazy for being interested in headphones that cost thousands of dollars, but is also very intrigued at the prospect of hearing music as it was intended. On a related note, I showed her a picture of the V-MODA Crossfade M-100. She said they were way too big. (In person, those things are much tinier than I expected.) I guess she only uses earphones...

Top reasons why some girls hate headpnones.
1) geek.
2) cost.
3) not cool as car.
4) hairstyle. Headphone totally ruin it!!!

Dec 30, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #3,630 of 6,112
  @TripBitShooter

When you got the M50x, did they require a lot of burn-in? Because I just got the M40x and they sound very off. This is not the experience of countless others (such as on this thread), so I'm hoping it will improve greatly over time.

out of curiosity, out of what source, and to what have you listened?
also, what have you listened to before?

[i demoed them in my re-search of headphones]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back