You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Dec 29, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #3,587 of 6,112
Lol.

YKYAAW when u are shocked at the amount of detail a new DAC/Amp/headphones/IEM brings out in your music similar to the shock of seeing a nuclear missile flying towards u. :D

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #3,590 of 6,112

YKYAAW your carrying case looks like it carries nuclear launch codes.

What case is that/where can I get one/how big is it? I just ordered a FiiO X1 and just bought Shure SE215s, I nice hard case would be great. Anyone have any recommendations? 

YKYAAW you buy a hard case for your music player and headphones.
YKYAAW you do get a gf but you make sure she's into audio. (No. Didn't happen to me.)

That. Would. Be. Awesome.

Dec 29, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #3,592 of 6,112
They're making one. It's called the X7
High end DAPs aren't worth it. The FiiO X5 is pretty much the endgame for DAPs, you don't need anything else. Sure, I've heard all the A&K line as well as the new upcoming glove audio dock for the 120, but is $800+ worth something that's only 30% better than the X5?
You can always get an amp with the X5, much better than a high end DAP.

YKYAAW you give up on DAPs in favor of desktop equipment. (Hasn't happened just yet, but soon.)

I agree with you there, but that wasn't what I was talking about. I said high end *amp and DAC* not DAP. Because they currently only have portable stuff. The EO9K + e17 is good, but its a really weird setup. They should make something to compete with some of Schiits low-mid grade stuff (modi-bitfrost level maybe?). I've just been very impressed with the products they have out now, I'd like to see what they could really do.

Magni 2 Uber + Modi 2 Uber FTW! Can't beat Schiit in terms of value.

How does everyone feel about the tonal balance of FiiO's products? I always hear about how their amps, DAPs, etc. color the sound too much.

YKYAAW you intentionally don't get a girlfriend, because you'd rather save your money to spend on audio gear.

YKYAAW you plan to seduce supermodels with your future audio systems. (Just kidding. That's ridiculous. lol)

YKYAAW your carrying case looks like it carries nuclear launch codes.

Haha. And I watched Air Force One with my brother just yesterday.

YKYAAW your HDTV's speakers sound unacceptably bad to you.

Dec 29, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #3,594 of 6,112
I'd describe the E10K as very warm. I could see how some people wouldn't like it.

Yeah, the job of an amp is to amplify the signal, not color the sound (that's equalization's job), so in audiophile terms, that would be a failure...but in music lover terms (or whatever terminology you prefer), it could sound more pleasant with some music and be just fine.

Dec 29, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #3,595 of 6,112

Yeah, the job of an amp is to amplify the signal, not color the sound (that's equalization's job), so in audiophile terms, that would be a failure...but in music lover terms (or whatever terminology you prefer), it could sound more pleasant with some music and be just fine.

Hmm...
rolleyes.gif
a LOT of people with an audio hobby like their equipment to introduce some coloration, character if you like. A lot of them also shun equalizers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back