You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Dec 29, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #3,602 of 6,112
Official DonutDeflector Dictionary:

Girlfriend (n.) - A female human that which one has a friendship with. Such a friendship may or may not be linked to dating/hugging/kissing/listening to audio together/etc.

Dude, where can I find one of those?!

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #3,603 of 6,112
YKYAAW you're sad that you could only afford a 64GB MicroSD card and not a 128GB one because it won't hold all your music 
frown.gif
 Can only hold about 2000 songs in WMA Lossless format

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #3,604 of 6,112
Man, now I'm reminded of the time I met a female cashier at Best Buy who liked lots of the metal bands I do...I regret not at least becoming friends with her. Another girl I went to high school with also likes metal and tons of other things I like, such as video games, but we live a thousand miles away from each other now.

In any case, it should be easy enough to show someone the benefits of high fidelity audio gear: just let them listen!

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #3,605 of 6,112
Official DonutDeflector Dictionary:

Girlfriend (n.) - A female human that which one has a friendship with. Such a friendship may or may not be linked to dating/hugging/kissing/listening to audio together/etc.
Me: Hugging (check) Kissing (check) audio... (Hmmmmm I SHALL CONVERT) Wish me luck on my campaign, comrades. XD

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #3,607 of 6,112

You could convert the lossless files to 256 kbps AAC and have plenty of room. Some can't hear a difference between them.

Meh, I prefer to have things in lossless, just in case I do magically get some crazy resolving system someday. If I need to, I'll go down to 320kbps mp3s, but no less.

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #3,608 of 6,112
  Meh, I prefer to have things in lossless, just in case I do magically get some crazy resolving system someday. If I need to, I'll go down to 320kbps mp3s, but no less.

But I'm talking about for your portable system.

For desktop systems with external hard drives and so on, you don't need to worry about space. You obviously wouldn't delete the lossless files when you make lossy copies.

And by the way, 256 kbps AAC is just as good or arguably better than 320 kbps MP3. I know a guy who is a professional in the music industry who has some seriously nice gear, including a speaker system which he tweaks endlessly, yet he just uses 256 kbps AAC because he can't hear a difference between it and lossless.

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #3,609 of 6,112

But I'm talking about for your portable system.

For desktop systems with external hard drives and so on, you don't need to worry about space. You obviously wouldn't delete the lossless files when you make lossy copies.

And by the way, 256 kbps AAC is just as good or arguably better than 320 kbps MP3. I know a guy who is a professional in the music industry who has some seriously nice gear, including a speaker system which he tweaks endlessly, yet he just uses 256 kbps AAC because he can't hear a difference between it and lossless.

That's interesting; at some point I'll compare the same files, but for the moment I'll stick with lossless (just because). And at the moment, my 10 year old PC that's less powerful than the iPod in my pocket only has ~80GB of memory.

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #3,610 of 6,112
  That's interesting; at some point I'll compare the same files, but for the moment I'll stick with lossless (just because). And at the moment, my 10 year old PC that's less powerful than the iPod in my pocket only has ~80GB of memory.

How much space does your entire digital music collection take up? (Lossless + any lossy downloads you have.)

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #3,611 of 6,112
Just checked the tracking for my new headphones. Currently less than 20 miles away from my location! I'm being silly getting excited about that fact, since I know they're coming tomorrow. I am considering going to sleep early - one, to make sure I'm awake in case it arrives earlier in the day, and two, to make perceived time pass by more quickly so it's like I get them even faster!

(YKYAAW what I just said. lol)

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #3,612 of 6,112

How much space does your entire digital music collection take up? (Lossless + any lossy downloads you have.)

26GB right now, probably up to ~30GB tomorrow when I do a bunch of ripping. That plus a small portion (maybe around 20-30GB) of my dad's 80GB WMA Lossless collection.

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #3,613 of 6,112
  26GB right now, probably up to ~30GB tomorrow when I do a bunch of ripping. That plus a small portion (maybe around 20-30GB) of my dad's 80GB WMA Lossless collection.

Well, when the time comes, you can get an external hard drive or two to back up your files. But according to what you've told me, you'd be able to easily fit your entire lossless collection plus some of your father's collection onto the card.

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #3,615 of 6,112

Well, when the time comes, you can get an external hard drive or two to back up your files. But according to what you've told me, you'd be able to easily fit your entire lossless collection plus some of your father's collection onto the card.

YKYAAW you have a two page long list of CDs you want to buy 
biggrin.gif

Main reason I wanted the 128GB is so I wouldn't have to worry in the future when I get more CDs, though I probably will put some single songs on the FiiO (don't exactly need Skee-Lo's whole "I Wish" album... [YKYAAW you buy full CDs for a single song in CD quality]) to have a bit more space; I have a few albums I only really bought for one or two songs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back