You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Dec 29, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #3,572 of 6,112
You know you're addicted to energy drinks when coffee makes you sleepy...even when it's a coffee energy drink.

Woops, wrong thread!
tongue.gif

YKYAAW the only posts on a single page of the YKYAAW thread are by you. =/

Come on, guys, let's make this thread even more awesome than it is!

Who wants to design pamphlets to hand out? lol

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #3,574 of 6,112
YKYAAW you spend your day obsessing over new headphones and spend all your Christmas money on audio stuff (FiiO X1, Shure SE215, 128GB MicroSD card, and maybe a FiiO E10K)

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #3,575 of 6,112
YKWYAAW you spend more time researching audio equipment than you spent on your research essays for composition

YKYAAW you spend more time researching audio equipment than you spent on working to earn a living.

YKYAAW you spend your day obsessing over new headphones and spend all your Christmas money on audio stuff (FiiO X1, Shure SE215, 128GB MicroSD card, and maybe a FiiO E10K)

Ooh, does that mean you already ordered all those except for the last one? =D

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #3,576 of 6,112

YKWYAAW you spend all your Krismas money plus some of your own on a $400+ can you've been drooling over for months. And now I don't have any money for anything else.

Dec 29, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #3,579 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you work super hard and smart so that you can purchase all the audio gears you want
biggrin.gif

You know you weren't always an audiophile when you had enough money to buy many ultra-high-end systems, but blew it on things like fancy restaurants...and by the time you had the sense to pursue high fidelity audio equipment years later, it was too late. "All gone."
frown.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #3,580 of 6,112
YKYAAW you think Fiio should make a high end amp and DAC. Because you were so impressed by the E10k, you think a really nice.

They're making one. It's called the X7
High end DAPs aren't worth it. The FiiO X5 is pretty much the endgame for DAPs, you don't need anything else. Sure, I've heard all the A&K line as well as the new upcoming glove audio dock for the 120, but is $800+ worth something that's only 30% better than the X5?
You can always get an amp with the X5, much better than a high end DAP.

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #3,581 of 6,112
but isnt our head "thicker" than that box? 
but now u are stretching it for 24/7. this does not allow the headphone time to return to its original shape. at a sony store where they employ stands that stretch the headbands, the earpads of the headphones had been flattened such that they lost their sponginess and some of them could not even fold properly anymore.

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #3,582 of 6,112

Ooh, does that mean you already ordered all those except for the last one? =D

The 128GB MicroSD will be bought in store hopefully either today or tomorrow; it looks like I won't be getting the DAC/amp but it's still possible. If it's not, I get an excuse to buy more CDs! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #3,583 of 6,112
High end DAPs aren't worth it. The FiiO X5 is pretty much the endgame for DAPs, you don't need anything else. Sure, I've heard all the A&K line as well as the new upcoming glove audio dock for the 120, but is $800+ worth something that's only 30% better than the X5?

And the coax out.

but now u are stretching it for 24/7. this does not allow the headphone time to return to its original shape. at a sony store where they employ stands that stretch the headbands, the earpads of the headphones had been flattened such that they lost their sponginess and some of them could not even fold properly anymore.

Tbh, I have never encountered that before @.@ thanks for the knowledge thought!

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #3,584 of 6,112

I agree with you there, but that wasn't what I was talking about. I said high end *amp and DAC* not DAP. Because they currently only have portable stuff. The EO9K + e17 is good, but its a really weird setup. They should make something to compete with some of Schiits low-mid grade stuff (modi-bitfrost level maybe?). I've just been very impressed with the products they have out now, I'd like to see what they could really do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back