You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Dec 27, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #3,556 of 6,105
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008F4YKCW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is a dual headphone stand made out of wood. Inexpensive, and it works great. If you don't need a dual headphone stand check out the rest of their line on Amazon.com. I've got a Phillips X2 and a Hifiman 400i hanging off it. Simple, cheap and works well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F2L1NOO/ref=pd_aw_sims_8?pi=SL500_SY115&simLd=1
I like this one, it's more attractive and smooth. A little pricey, but there's glass/plastic ones cheaper. I just love wood.

Dec 27, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #3,560 of 6,105
that's truly the greatest stand ever created by mankind. Thank you.

Public service announcement: headphone stands come with headphones - it's da box, yo!
cool.gif

...Not exactly the most luxurious aesthetic, though...

Whoa. I just realized you're in Virginia Beach. I've been there many times. Grew up on the western side of Virginia and lived on the eastern side for a few years too.

And now I remembered that we talked privately in the past. I can't keep track of all the random PMs, hehe!

Dec 27, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #3,561 of 6,105
Knyaaw you leave headfi (cause you're all a bad influence), come back in to find which set of pads fit your headphones, and end up buying the pads, a new amp, and some new iem (cause you're all a bad influence)
And now I'm browsing the classifieds looking at mad dogs and k702 and "ooo prices dropped on he400"

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #3,562 of 6,105
lololol

By the way, does anyone have ideas for cheap headphone stands? I know there's a DIY thread, but I'm too lazy to read through it.

I just tried using my wireless router, and the headphones fit, but that's a little awkward.
I welded some copper tubes together.
the thing about a lot of stands, it's that because of the flat tops, they leave imprints in the headbands.

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #3,563 of 6,105
lololol

By the way, does anyone have ideas for cheap headphone stands? I know there's a DIY thread, but I'm too lazy to read through it.

I just tried using my wireless router, and the headphones fit, but that's a little awkward.
i built one out of lego bricks. Lots of choices on how u want it to look like! Mine currently can hold 4 headphones.

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #3,564 of 6,105
Deleted post

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #3,565 of 6,105
i wouldnt recommend doing that. It stretches the headband for a long period of time and headband may not be able to return to its original shape, making folding a problem

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #3,570 of 6,105
i wouldnt recommend doing that. It stretches the headband for a long period of time and headband may not be able to return to its original shape, making folding a problem

Yeah, I just thought it was funny that someone used the box as a stand. It was a review photo, so was probably merely for illustration purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back