You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Nov 27, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #1,486 of 6,112
  My PC is just some random $1k~ PC and it lasts me for 2-3 years now. Still going strong just wish there's slot for me to add in a soundcard :frowning2: [its a All-in-One to safe space)

YKYAAW you don't care how dumb you look like at home with your full-size headphone on as long as they sound good! 

+1 ^^

YKYAAW buying new gear has morphed into vintage gear purchase madness, its cheaper and you can buy more of it 
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 28, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #1,491 of 6,112

sorry mate, I can´t help you, no idea what that means hehehehe 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salted_fish 

It's a type of fish.. Where we dry it under the sun till it is ermmm dry! It tastes very very salty! We put it on on less tasty food. Very small amount needed. So how many salt should I add? :p

YKYAAW you add in chili to your HD800 to tame the highs :D

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #1,492 of 6,112
  You mean like "Guys! how much salt do I need to add into this [Ikan Manis / Salt fish]?" :p 

Are you sure it's Ikan Manis? Not Ikan Masin?
Cause manis means sweet and masin means salty lol.

Dec 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #1,494 of 6,112
YKAAWhen you can instantly identify a fake sennheiser.

No texture on wood accents, no leather on headband, grill is poorly machined, white printed logo is out of scale and sloppy.

Earpad is too light in colour, very furry looking, feels very stiff and clay like, inner lining is also much thicker and different in structure, internal structure is different and exposed.
Lastly, clamping force is tight as heck and it costs RM200 (real one costs RM1050) But for the asking price I think it is not too terrible.

(I didn't ever think that anyone would actually fake a HD598...)

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #1,495 of 6,112
You know you're an audiophile when the following thoughts runs through your head for the holidays...

"I deserve some new toys for Christmas"

"then I can gift my old stuff to my frends and family and bring them into the world of fine audio"

"that's a win-win scenario"

"I am so awesome. That deserves another gift for myself."

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #1,497 of 6,112
YKAAWhen you can instantly identify a fake sennheiser.

No texture on wood accents, no leather on headband, grill is poorly machined, white printed logo is out of scale and sloppy.

Earpad is too light in colour, very furry looking, feels very stiff and clay like, inner lining is also much thicker and different in structure, internal structure is different and exposed.

Lastly, clamping force is tight as heck and it costs RM200 (real one costs RM1050) But for the asking price I think it is not too terrible.

(I didn't ever think that anyone would actually fake a HD598...)

Wow... I didn't even know that there's fake HD598 too @.@ why not post it in the HD598 appriciation thread to make sure no one fall for it! Or at least less!

YKYAAW you remind yourself all the time "You can have as many headphones as you wanted to compliment one another or for collection... But you can only have 1 partner, choose wisely!" Andddddd that's why I am single... Wait, I am too young for it XD

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #1,499 of 6,112

YKYAA when you spend 10 minutes editing an image of your view of your new loudspeakers on your iPhone 3GS because the original didn't do it anywhere near enough justice.
App I used was Snapseed, it's like a mobile version of Adobe Lightroom.

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #1,500 of 6,112

YKYAA when you spend 10 minutes editing an image of your view of your new loudspeakers on your iPhone 3GS because the original didn't do it anywhere near enough justice.
App I used was Snapseed, it's like a mobile version of Adobe Lightroom.

Do you have a window in your room? The older phone cameras really need a lot of light to work well. Also a steady hand. That said, I'm still jealous. My speakers don't look nearly as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back