You know you are spending too much time in this hobby when ...
Jan 9, 2009 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Lornecherry

100+ Head-Fier
  1. You change the power cord on your microwave and hope the food will taste better.
  2. You have both your children cryogenically treated in an effort to reduce their static.
  3. You install a DAC into your 1982 Civic and it appears to smooth out the ride.
  4. If you live in a house, you rewire the doorbell with Cardas cable and invite the neighborhood kids play ring-and-run. If you live in apartment, you up-sample all intercom conversations to 192 KHz
  5. You get tossed out of a live concert for running onto the stage and trying to toe-in the musicians.
  6. The bank calls to renew the mortgage on your preamp.
  7. You catch your child illegally downloading MP3’s and give him a lecture about sound quality.
  8. You get a strange look from the clerk at Home Depot when you ask him where the NOS light bulb section is.

Jan 9, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 23
Jan 10, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 23
Bump for a good laugh! Some of those are fantastic. I really like the bit about trying to toe-in the musicians.

Jan 10, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #7 of 23
Soon no NOS lightbulbs in Europe. The army of monkeys in Brussels have decided to phase out all incandescent bulbs over the next few years. I'll be stockpiling 60 and 40 watt ones when the time comes. I HATE the energy saving bulbs.

100 watt ones are already a very rare thing in the UK.

Jan 10, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #8 of 23
The old lady next door has an antique pestle & mortar decorating her garden. You steel it. You fill it with rain water and generic cat food and pulverize. You feed that to your new born 'cause Gerber is too expensive.

You girlfriend wants to do some roll playing. She wants to be Wonder Woman. You steel the copper water lines from your other neighbor's house; you go back to the old woman's garden and steal her antique anvil, which is also used as a decoration. You pound out two bracelets on the stolen anvil, using the stolen copper.

You borrow a scalpel and lidocanine from a Doctor friend to remove your own skin tags because your co-pay to see a dermatologist is $50.

You cancel your medical insurance.

You sell the filleted skin tags on eBay, claiming they look like Mary.

You get your Buy it Now price of $250, but you don't send the skin tag because postage cost money.

Jan 10, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #9 of 23
I lmao, literally, when i heard the:
"You get tossed out of a live concert for running onto the stage and trying to toe-in the musicians."

Great one!!

Jan 10, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #10 of 23
When you walk over to your Redbook CD player, open the drawer, and flip the disc over to hear the other side.

Jan 10, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by z50j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when you havent signed out of head-fi for 3 straight days

How true, fark.com is getting jealous I don't visit as much as I used to.

Jan 10, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by z50j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when you havent signed out of head-fi for 3 straight days

Sign out? Wazzat??

Too much time, you know it, when you lift your head to the window, deep into a Sunday night music session, and say, "Oh, it's morning already?!"
frown.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #15 of 23
Haha some of the OP's are really good
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back