You have to throw out all your headphones. You may choose one.
Jul 5, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #61 of 107
Denon D2000's, but I'd put up a fight to keep the Grado 325i's.
jecklinsmile.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #63 of 107
Well...at the moment, I miss my HD600s terribly. I really really really regret selling them. Felt the same when I sold my AD700's, which is why I rebought them.

I think I may have to buy a new pair of HD600's again, or maybe try out the K601's for a change.

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #65 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be seriously torn between the two.

I'd probably argue that I'd keep the HD-800 as my headphones. I'd also argue that the K-1000 aren't really headphones, so it'd be OK to keep both.

Lol I like your reasoning.

For me it would be the HD600 since the K701 is too basslight while the d5000 is too bass heavy. But I still need to get the HD600 with the new white membrane first.

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #66 of 107
I would keep my low serial K1000. Although it would be sad to part with the SR-007BL...

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:47 AM Post #68 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by electropop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't found a perfect headphone yet. I want to be able to hear notes throughout the whole audio-spectrum. Senns in general are absolutely tone deaf, haven't seen the potential of the AD2000's yet (though on some material in my setup, they absolutely shine), sr325i's are very enjoyable with many kinds of music.
The coherence and musicality in AD2000's is making me lean towards them. The only weird thing about them is the overly emphasized and strange instrument separation which sort of renders the imaging and soundstage bizarre... I wish there were headphones, that sounded like a properly set up Linn-system. Hmmm..

I noticed the ultra wide sound of the AD series like crossfeed. You may want to try the bauer foobar plugin if you are using a computer as source
beerchug.gif

As for me, I really love my ad900s and can't see a day where i'll be getting rid of them

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:51 AM Post #69 of 107
I'd keep my ATH-A950LTD's. I've been more and more happy with an open sound, but the closed/isolated portion is part of the draw of headphones, being in your own little music world, apart from your surroundings. Plus these headphones (as are all low impedance headphones) really easy to drive and great all around-headphones as I can use the for home/portable/whatever.

They're big, and I'd be even happier if they were L3000's or something, but I'm happy with them right now and for a long time in the future, took me 3 years before even thinking about upgrading from my A900's and I decided I really just wanted a side-grade that would indulge me with a similar sound signature as that's what I've been so fond of for so many years.

Jul 5, 2009 at 10:33 AM Post #70 of 107
I don't have as many to choose from as many of you do, but I'm going to be a bit contrary here and go the downgrade route: KSC-75s. My HD-580s are certainly the superior cans, but if I really could ONLY have one headphone, the KSC-75s are more functionally versatile for me. They require less amplification, they're more easily portable, and they're still a lot of fun.
ksc75smile.gif

Oh, but I do love the HD-580s... Fortunately this is just a hypothetical scenario.
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #71 of 107
Right now, I'd keep the HD800. When is the deadline for choosing ?
The HD800 is *almost* the all around can the O2 is, but it isn't married to my only 'stat amp.
I'd have to invoke the "K1000 are speakers" exemption as well.

But I'd probably do the same thing I'll do when they come for my guns and twinkies - bury'em in the backyard and claim burglary.

Jul 5, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #73 of 107
I'll keep my SR225s. But make sure to let me know where you guys threw yours :p

Jul 5, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #75 of 107
Kenwood KH-K1000

Great allrounders! Tough decision though, as I use phones for portable usage and my Panasonic HJE900 sound surprisingly good through a Prodigy Cube and Head-direct EF-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back