You have to throw out all your headphones. You may choose one.
Jul 7, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #92 of 107
This may be hard to believe, but I'd keep my PX 200. They are reasonably comphy, have a reasonably good sq. (even better with a bit eq.), they isolate rather well and most importantly, they are the only phones I can use anywhere (in bed, traveling).
For those, I'd give up AT W1000, Senn PX 100 and Beyer DT 831.

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #94 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrillmetoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This may be hard to believe, but I'd keep my PX 200. They are reasonably comphy, have a reasonably good sq. (even better with a bit eq.), they isolate rather well and most importantly, they are the only phones I can use anywhere (in bed, traveling).
For those, I'd give up AT W1000, Senn PX 100 and Beyer DT 831.

I don't find that hard to swallow at all, as I own a pair of Sennheiser PMX 200, and I love them, used them for years now, rollerskating, running, cutting the grass, enjoying a cigar outside etc. etc.

They are overall really good phones, if only they were waterproof (and maybe a tad more isolated), I wouldn't need my CX 380 Sport II's
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and my answer to this thread is Sennheiser HD 650, because overall they still tower over the Denon AH-D2000 (though the Denons have become quite important to me again, I find them really enjoyable with my FiiO E5, who'd thunk it?
L3000.gif
), and my main use for headphones is relaxing or reading indoors, all alone, peace, quiet and my favourite music.

I might try some other amps too, I mean full-size stuff, as I'm beginning to suspect that the Meier-Audio CORDA OPERA favors the Sennheiser HD 650
devil_face.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #96 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaawa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and my answer to this thread is Sennheiser HD 650, because overall they still tower over the Denon AH-D2000 (though the Denons have become quite important to me again, I find them really enjoyable with my FiiO E5, who'd thunk it?

Doesn't surprise me. I thought the e5 had great synergy with HD580s when I borrowed them.

Jul 7, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #97 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously? cuz I'll bring all my stuff if you bring your's. It would be a good photo-op, packers v. bears.

No.

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #98 of 107
In last night's A/B test, my M40s edged out my AD900s. This could change, but for now that means that the M40s are the ones I would keep. Pretty freakin' amazing for $60 phones, especially since I have owned vastly more expensive ones!!
The frequency response is so utterly flat that all other headphones sound colored by comparison. (In fact, there is a FR graph on the box. It is simply a horizontal line from 5Hz to 28KHz!)

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #101 of 107
Tough choice.My problem is that at least two of my cans are becoming very rare (dt48e, k240df).I think the k240df would be the keeper, but i would mourn the loss of my k501 & dt48e.

Jul 29, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #102 of 107
I'd throw them all out. But I'd be in fraseyboy's trash can digging right after :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back