You guys still listen to your HF-1s?
Feb 28, 2008 at 4:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

MrEcted1

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there. It's been awhile since I posted regularly on this board.

I'm just wondering if you guys are still jammin' your HF-1s. Personally I still love mine (#406) to pieces and will NEVER give them up. In fact my upgraditus stopped at the HF-1s. First I had Senns, then I moved to SR-60s. I loved the Grado sound so I moved up to the SR-80s and finally stopped at the HF-1s and refuse to buy anymore phones (my wallet was hating me). So for me these are still the best cans I've ever heard in my life and I'm gonna keep it that way!

Sort of off-topic but recently my boss bought some bose on-ear headphones (not exactly sure which model) but he said they were $200.00. Next day I bring in my HF-1s for a little show-down. I listened to the bose, they were okay. The bass was quite thumpy but they sounded a bit muddy. The mids and highs were very lacking. So he tried out the HF-1s and thought they were inferior because the bass wasn't as exaggerated. We were listening to Eminem (it was his iPod). Anyways I decide to go acoustic and play some Jack Johnson. Immediately he understood why mids and highs are so important, it sounded MUCH better on the HF-1s then on the Bose headphones. We did a listen test with all of the people in my office and the HF-1s won by a mile. Go Grado!!!

Sorry for babbling, I'm done now
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #2 of 21
it's probably not a good idea to go for a showdown with your boss - I did that once and I got relocated lol - he was a bose lover and I brought in my ES7s to compare with his bose OEs, he was not impressed
frown.gif

If you have a good boss, it's okay
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #3 of 21
Yeah, luckily my boss and I go way back and are more friends then co-workers. Both of us are very competitive. We did a rib smoke-off (which I won, yay), a headphone showdown and soon we are doing a wing cook-off.

Feb 28, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #4 of 21
I don't listen to the HF-1 very much any longer. Listened a lot when I first got them, but listening really tapered off after picking up the RS-1.

They won't go up for sale, either. I'm going to hang onto them.

Feb 28, 2008 at 12:01 PM Post #6 of 21
#275 still get a lot of listening here. Recently had to re-glue one of the chambers to the cup which was a bit of a surprise when it happened but I gather is not an uncommon issue. I want a set of RS-1s but haven't splurged yet. In the meantime the HF-1s are a really great listen.

Feb 28, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #7 of 21
#163 currently attached to my primary rig. I've not yet seen the need to upgrade to an RS-# yet, but might someday. Until then, the HF-1s still probably remain my primary music can.

And regardless of whether or not they'll cycle out, I don't think I'll ever let them go, cuz I'm a packrat like that
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrEcted1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We did a listen test with all of the people in my office and the HF-1s won by a mile. Go Grado!!!

Sorry for babbling, I'm done now
smily_headphones1.gif

I am proud of you just allowing other people's mits on your cans, that is praise-worthy in itself.

Just keep your job, smile, and say..Bose are awesome.

Feb 29, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #9 of 21
#331 is my primary can, and probably the most used out of all the HF-1's out there. It may not help its resale value, but then again, I don't plan on letting mine go anytime soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 29, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #10 of 21
Man I really miss #54 (see sig). I would love to have another listen but alas the market demand has driven the prices to rediculous levels
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never really liked mine =\ Sold them

Grado sound just not for me I think

OMG D-Cee you changed your avatar to...Domokun! I miss the girl already!

Feb 29, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #13 of 21
Feb 29, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #14 of 21
#330 doesn't get as much head time as it used to since i got my RS1s, but i'm not gonna sell them any time soon. When i get the time i plan on doing a woody + recable, who knows, i might like them more than the RS1s then
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back