You guys still listen to your HF-1s?
Feb 29, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #16 of 21
Um, I could have sworn that I posted in this thread, but it's not here. Why would it get deleted?

edit: nevermind, it was a different HF1 thread that I posted on this morning.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 29, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just out of curiosity- where do these fall in with the other Grados... I wasn't around when they came out. Above SR80? SR325?

See the review I linked to above. You will be surprised, but they are better than anything I've tried below the RS-2, including SR-325 and SR-225. With flats they almost sound like my HP-2 and with bowls it is hard to beat them for classical
eek.gif

I may be in the market for vintage RS-1, so we'll see.

Feb 29, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #18 of 21
I'm still the original owner of #250 and they're still in my current rotation of cans that get regularly used. I do love their sound signature and they you sound great with just about any genre of music. Won't be selling them anytime soon.

Mar 1, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just out of curiosity- where do these fall in with the other Grados... I wasn't around when they came out. Above SR80? SR325?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See the review I linked to above. You will be surprised, but they are better than anything I've tried below the RS-2, including SR-325 and SR-225. With flats they almost sound like my HP-2 and with bowls it is hard to beat them for classical
eek.gif

I may be in the market for vintage RS-1, so we'll see.

i sold mine to purchase the k1000, but i hope to pick up another pair one of these days. i actually think they have more bass than the rs-2, especially with the flats. so much so that it's one of the few grados where i prefer bowls. i think they go for around the same price as an rs2 nowadays...

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #20 of 21
It was when they were being sold that I first discovered headfi. I have pretty decent source and pre amp and found that I did most of my listening at night when my wife was sleeping so I realized my headphone set up should be a priority. My wallet is bemoaning this situation as I've been experimenting with different phones and amps. My phones are HHF-1's that I had woodied so I've never actually heard the stock HF-1's. I have tried AKG 701 which I did not like at all and I now have a Beyerdynamic DT 990. I still prefer the Grado's I listen to mostly classic rock and jazz and they just put me closer to the music. I guess that means I'm a grado person. Last week I bought an AT W5000. Not impressed so far, they're actually screechy and hurt my ears. But I will let them burn in but so far my HHF-1's are my favorite. I think about trying the RS-1's but from what I read they may sound quite similar so I"ve been trying other brands to try a different sound signature. Hope others are still enjoying the HF-1's too

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #21 of 21
I am the proud owner of #320, and they remain my best cans and the headphones for my only home rig. I use them with the Senn HD-414 pads (quarter-modded and reversed). I never spent so much for heapdhones, and I don't imagine I will again soon. (Their current value makes me glad I did, though!)

Before the HF-1s, I had Grado SR-80s, and I liked them better than the Senn HD-580s I also owned, but I would occasionally switch between the Senns and the SR-80s. Once I got the HF-1s, it was no contest, and I sold off the Senns and the SR-80s (although now I'm thinking of getting a pari of SR-60s...).
I have tried AKG K501, and those took some getting used to. Although I could eventually appreciate them, I just liked the Grados better, and I couldn't justify keeping both, so those got resold too.

I'm sticking with the HF-1s for the foreseeable future. I love these cans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back