You guys are killing me :(
Apr 5, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #16 of 54

Quote:
Yeah I dropped 1.6k in the last week. I originally came here to buy one bloody headphone. March has been particularly damaging ($3980). I think I'm going to have to sell some gear. 

good god where do you come up with that kind of expendable money? thats probably more then ive spent on ALL of my audio gear in my entire life even speakers receiver sources and video displays.

Apr 5, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #17 of 54

Quote:
y do ppl buy so many headphones?

one head one headphone no?

i might see 2 headphones one for travel one for home or maybe if u like bass one day but not the other

but then ppl  buy headphones like shoes? y?

because suddenly your awesome headphone isnt as awesome as this headphone over here so you feel like your headphones are crap and you must buy the better headphone, then another headphone over here is better then the one you just bought, yeah its a vicious cycle. 

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #20 of 54
My wallet is hurt...i have upgraded my desktop amp and my headphones. Its awesome how some guys spend crazy money on this...but who knows, probably i will on the future. 
redface.gif

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #21 of 54
 90% of my expendable income (which is not much at all) is spent on audio related stuff either gear or music to play on it. the other 10% get spent on energy drinks 
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #22 of 54
Well, the only reason I haven't dropped $1500 on gear yet is because I'm still abroad.  Dust and heat abound here, and quite honestly the less you can pack, the better.  You never know when you'll need to hop sites but when you do, it's a pain to try and pack everything neatly.

What's funny is I didn't even start buying gear until a month ago.  So I guess I'm not THAT far behind the curve, lol.

I had to turn down my Schiit, because I'm just too concerned about electrical issues out here, combined with the dust and heat.  I turned down a bunch of products I would've bought back home if I had the funds, but right now, I'm exercising excellent restraint.

Soon enough though... I will have it "all."  Then, you guys will start the hype cycle again...  SIGH.

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #23 of 54
$650? You've barely begun. :evil:

Wait until the prices warp your view of reality and start to seem normal.

I ran across a neat old truck the other day. It was less than my tonearm. And, somehow, I'm OK with that.

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #24 of 54
Trust me, I have a warped view of reality.

My buddy out here, who works on his car, told me he plans to drop $5k on upgrades when he takes his trip to Japan.  I think he's crazy, yet I already have $2500 saved for my home listening setup.

You can't drive headphones... or rather, you can't race them.

Apr 6, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #25 of 54
After the first thousand-dollar item, it gets easier. Check the before and after thread if you really want to see how bad it gets.

Apr 6, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #26 of 54
Quite true. Didn't really think about it after getting a HD800. 

(If anyone is wondering, I didn't buy anything this year until the last month).

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #27 of 54
I started a long while back trying to find a decent entry-level set of headphones to use at work.  I spent just shy of $1500 last week to get my Planar Members Club card, and the assorted goodies to make them work.

But, what are hobbies if not expensive?  This one's still cheaper than my car or book hobby, too.

Anyway, good luck with your setup, and stay safe in the sandbox.

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #29 of 54
Aside from the ones I read normally (up to something like 1800 at home now), I like buying import printings, too - the US normally gets a pretty neutered, boring cover compared to a lot of the EU printings.

Quote:
Book hobby?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back