yes, another newbie ?
Jul 27, 2012 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

headstep

New Head-Fier
in a pinch for time and cant find the welcome thread so ill just post in here i guess?
mod can move in necessary..

ive been seraching for some time now around this and other fourms for something superior to ultrasone pro900 for my listneing needs. was concidering sennhiesers hd650, but have since persuaded to the first from what ive read...
i am a newbie to higher end headphones, aside perhaps to my mie2i bose for working out, mostly listen to dubstep. welcomes any criticism...
L3000.gif

i will also be buying a portable amp but i havent got the chance to review or search to much for those

thanks in advance for any postive input

(and yes i am asking to be "spoon fed" the info and im sure there is a search, but as i said earlier in a pinch and just looking for anyones advice on the subject)

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 9
you will not find anything superiorr to the ultrasone pro 900 for electronic,. And the pro 900 is one of the best headphones when amped, it actually needs amped and its a whole new beast. For an amp try the fiio e17. But if you want the very best in quality get the o2+ODAC combo. It just came out literally last week. It is said to compete with $1k + amp/dacs. Goodluck

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #5 of 9
+1 for pichu

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #6 of 9
hi, you may want to ask yourself these questions first...

• why do i need a better audio set-up?
  • what are the things i expect to get from this investment?
  • where does my current audio set-up fail to meet my standards?
  • how does getting a better audio gear improve my music enjoyment?

all im saying is a lot of people are perfectly fine using the infamous apple ear-buds, so whats the fuss all about?
http://kenrockwell.com/audio/audiophile.htm

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #7 of 9
Agreed on keeping the 900. You probably won't find anything better for dubstep.

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #8 of 9
after reading the link, i can say im not an audiophile. i may not be as hard-core as that guy but perhaps at a beginners level?

1. i do like my bose and could tell an obvious, well-enjoyed improvement over generic in-ear buds. i have the money to dipose of for a better set up. i also recently moved within my company to a quiet(mostly) sit down job. which is where i usually listen to my music, but i do sometimes listen at home as well.

2. mostly a more enjoyable better quality listening experience?...its a bad habit i have of wanting the best of what i have

3. i have to blast the bose to "drown out" everything/everyone around me at work

4. i like to listen the music, with all of its lows and highs. not just zone at work, or just to sing along over it like a horribly off key school girl would. (no i dont sound like school girl, off key or not...) 

Jul 27, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #9 of 9
:) sorry i think i was trollin, its just i feel i should share this to newbies like me.. and i do too listen intensely to my music, lyrics is actually a big factor of music pleasure experience(?)... so many people these days just pays attention just to the melody and leaves out the message, the soul, the actual words of the music.. there are soo many dangerous songs these days... but i guess im ranting now, so carry on, sorry again for the OT... :)

aside from the ubber UNcomfortableness, i really do enjoy listening to my ATH pro700mk2 + FiiO E11 combo for my dubstep/electronic portable needs... good luck :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back