Yarra Speaker System
Nov 5, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #106 of 291
Comhear did not make their most recent delivery promise of late summer to the Kickstarter and Indiegogo backers, has not given any recent information on when delivery might occur and has ignored backers request for information.

Mark Waldrep (Dr. Aix) has said on his www.realhd-audio.com website:

(regarding the Comhear CEO) "He has told me that official Comhear updates are unlikely, so don’t look for any information coming from the remaining company personnel."

"Everything is ready for production…the parts, the metal, the boards etc. All that’s needed is for the CEO to hit the “start” button."

A possible scenario consistent with both statements:

Comhear is negotiating to sell the whole company or just the YARRA 3DX product.

If the sale goes through, the purchasing company may wish sell the existing YARRA 3DX product under their own brand and logos. This includes the units to be delivered to Kickstarter and Indiegogo backers.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #107 of 291
One day after I quoted Mark Waldrep saying:

(regarding the Comhear CEO) "He has told me that official Comhear updates are unlikely, so don’t look for any information coming from the remaining company personnel."

the following update has appeared on Indiegogo

YARRA 3DX and Comhear Update
Having demonstrated and tested YARRA 3DX production prototype product with a limited group of crowdfunding backers in late summer, there have been numerous queries and speculations about what is happening with YARRA 3DX product production. As we have mentioned previously, Comhear has met with several setbacks in the development and production of YARRA 3DX. For the last few months, we have been engaged in various capital raising and other strategic discussions intended to allow us to reach a positive result. The results and timing of these initiatives have affected company operations and delayed YARRA 3DX new product production. Although we hoped to announce the outcome of these initiatives earlier, we continue to work diligently on ways to fuel the growth of our business and bring this new consumer product to market despite the challenges facing an early stage technology company. We apologize for the delay and understand our backers frustration. We will do our best to keep you informed of further developments.

Nov 20, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #108 of 291
So the latest is they ran out of money and looking for backers?

Dec 8, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #110 of 291
Mark Waltrep (Dr. Aix) has a new post on his website entitled "A Weekend in London with the YARRA 3DX".

It provides some information on the status of the stagnated Kickstarter and Indiegogo YARRA 3DX
deliveries.

Content includes a discussion of his tour of Abbey Road Studios and his demo of the YARRA 3DX to studio personnel.

http://www.realhd-audio.com/?p=6311
It is nice to see Mark trying to help the backers, but I can not believe how he keeps manipulating with the truth. I have induced him (and Yarra's engineers) to admit that Yarra can accept only stereo, Dolby Digital and one games' format. And now he says he demonstrated Yarra by playing, among others - the tracks from the 'Love' DVD-Audio disc!?! He obviously downconverted that tracks to the Dolby Digital format first, but he seems to think his readers don't care for such 'details'... Very sad and very devastating for his image ...

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #113 of 291
I wish you were right. Unfortunately, neither Mark, nor Duke and Yarra's engineers didn't confirm to me such a possibility when I once asked them about that.

It really doesn't matter since the Yarra appears to be dead. I don't believe we will ever see the product. My apologies for starting this thread for a bunch of rip-off artists. Caveat Emptor!

Dec 8, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #114 of 291
It really doesn't matter since the Yarra appears to be dead. I don't believe we will ever see the product. My apologies for starting this thread for a bunch of rip-off artists. Caveat Emptor!
My point was that even if the Yarra ships and even if it really is brilliant and innovative, the question remains - on which level? On the level of Dolby Digital? Thank you, goodbye!
Will the A16 perfectly copy the speakers? Yes? But, when they play WHAT? Dolby Digital? Thank you, goodbye! But, we usually forget to ask the right questions in the right moment...

Dec 8, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #115 of 291
"I believe the answer is a full featured sound bar. I’m dedicated to making one available as soon as possible. I was hoping it would be the YARRA 3DX but perhaps a new venture will have to take the lead."

"my efforts to rescue the YARRA 3DX have proven unsuccessful. I hope we all get out sound bars but it’s difficult to imagine how additional investors will be excited by spending $1M to make the backer community whole."

"I offered a path forward with myself and partners acquiring YARRA 3DX but my offer was ultimately rejected. Is there a chance they will succeed? Yes, but there is no guarantee and the chances are slim IMHO."

"I would put the odds at less than 25% we will get our YARRA 3DX units."

All from Mark.

"I have already taken some initial steps to design and build a larger and better 3D audio sound bar. It will sound better, deliver more volume, embrace newer codecs, include multiple digital and analog inputs, and be modular in design. I don't know yet how it will be funded. If I create a new campaign and raise funds, those funds will be used as described in the campaign."

Would anyone be keen to back him on this one?

Dec 9, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #117 of 291
mlkri on http://www.realhd-audio.com/?p=6311#comment-369477 said:
Mladen Krizanic
DECEMBER 8, 2018 AT 2:26 AM
Hi,
Can you please describe, how exactly did you bring a DVD-Audio content (‘Love’) into Yarra. Thank you in advance.
  • Admin
    DECEMBER 8, 2018 AT 9:03 AM
    I used DVD Audio Extractor. It can rip audio files from DVDs or Blu-rays.
mlkri on http://www.realhd-audio.com/?p=6311#comment-369477 said:
And what audio file format did you input into Yarra after ripping it from the DVD Audio disc 'Love'?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #120 of 291
...I played a number of binaural and surround audio examples – including a variety of Beatles tracks from the “Love” DVD-Audio disc...
And why did you say "I played ... tracks from the “Love” DVD-Audio disc..." and not "I played ... tracks from the “Love” DVD-Audio disc previously downconverted to AC3 lossy format"?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back